PDA

View Full Version : NDI to H.264

BSSD72
11-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Hello All,

Sorry if this is easily researched and answered elsewhere but we're new to Newtek and NDI so bear with me. So far really impressed with how easily this NDI hardware works! We have both PTZ1's and a Spark, and are using them to film sports, concerts, etc. for our K-12 school. One of these PTZ cameras is mounted in the gym. I was wondering if it would be possible to have the NDI feed converted to an H.264 (or MPEG4 - MFPEG) stream that could be received by our video surveillance system for when we're not live-streaming with it. So far as I look through the tools it seems really easy to receive NDI feeds and convert just about anything to NDI feeds, but I can't seem to figure out a method beyond streaming out of Tricaster all the time to convert out of NDI. I'd rather have it be streaming direct from the camera or from a PC dedicated to this effort. Most cameras I setup just by giving the surveillance software an IP, port number, format, and we're good to go.

Anyone have any thought?

Thanks,

Andrew

SBowie
11-16-2017, 11:30 AM
The only thing that comes to mind is ingesting the NDI source as a VLC input, and outputting it as RTMP ...

BSSD72
11-27-2017, 10:24 AM
The only thing that comes to mind is ingesting the NDI source as a VLC input, and outputting it as RTMP ...

Thanks for the quick reply! I have NDI plugged into VLC but can only figure out and find information on how to output in NDI via VLC not ingest a source. What am I missing?

SBowie
11-27-2017, 11:30 AM
Hrmmmm. I thought I had heard that VLC recently supported NDI ingest, but perhaps I dreamt it. :(

If so, another possibility is Wirecast, which does support NDI ingest.

kanep
11-27-2017, 01:37 PM
VLC doesn't have NDI input... Yet! With the new FFMPEG 3.4 libraries supporting NDI input and output, I hope that VLC will have NDI input at some point in the future.

If you are looking to record NDI sources into H.264, you can do this for free using OBS Studio and the NDI plug-in. OBS Studio have the ability to record a H.264 format file.

livepad
01-14-2018, 11:22 AM
The next version of Sienna's NDI WebLink (http://www.sienna-tv.com/ndi/ndiweblink.html) includes one-click NDI to HTTP Live Streaming.

The streaming is actually initiated on demand by the viewer, so it only streams a given source when there is demand.

The New version should be available next week. The current version (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ndi-weblink/id1304452882?ls=1&mt=12)works great too but does video-only using JPEG streaming.