PDA

View Full Version : External support for OpenEXR?

wp_capozzi
12-22-2003, 03:30 AM
Hello,

Anyone know right off if DFX+ -or- After Effects 6 support the OpenEXR images that LW is capable of saving?

I know there is the plugin for LW and also one for Photoshop. I haven't been able to locate any other info to connect LW to compositing software using OpenEXR.

Regards,
Bill C.
www.dedicateddigital.com

Mylenium
12-22-2003, 05:12 AM
DF supports OpenEXR, even though DFX+ may not. It wouldn't make sense anyway, since with 8 bpc you cannot take advantage of floating point images (except for gamma tweaking, perhaps). There is currently no plugin available for After Effects.

Mylenium

Original1
12-22-2003, 07:51 AM
What about cinepaint or Filmgimp for the mac?

Its opensource too.

Osama
12-22-2003, 10:18 AM
I find Cinepaint a little bit buggy, this doesn't mean the program will not grow stronger.

T-Light
12-22-2003, 11:17 AM
Hello Wp_Capozzi,

This is what is stated on the eyeon site.

The OpenEXR plugin is currently a standard part of the Digital Fusion 4 toolset...

...Please note that this plugin is only compatible with Digital Fusion 4.01, DFX+ 4.01 and higher.

Looks like a yes for DFX+ then :)

wp_capozzi
12-22-2003, 02:41 PM
Thanks for all of the replies.

Price being a factor, DF4 is out of my reach at the moment. Thinking more about it, I may be able to take care of what I need to with the forementioned Cinepaint or Photoshop using a batch process.
I was impressed by something I read about getting the most out of large rendered images and reducing re-rendering in many cases. I had already been working down that path and I thought I could make the connection here with OpenEXR.
There may be other options as well using the other HDRI format, or by adding a step or different technique.

Thanks,
Bill C.