PDA

View Full Version : Match Point Glitch

bradl
03-07-2003, 12:25 PM
I remember some discussion on this in the old forum.

When I loop (or place multiple copies of the same RTV) an animation like a spinning globe or jumpback I get a one frame or field glitch at the loop point. If I copy the RTV (the file itself not just in TED) and butt the two together it does not glitch. Also if you render, it does not glitch.

Conclusion seems to be a glitch whenever the same file is "re-read" at the match point, maybe indicating a error caused by disk latency or such (I do have the best setup- dual Xeon, SCSI, etc.). Is there no RAM buffering or other technique employed that should allow a single file to seamlessly repeat? Is this a common problem with all users?

Thanks,

Jim Capillo
03-07-2003, 01:09 PM
As a matter of course, I render out all my anims (Jumpbacks, etc.) to whatever working length I need and then drop it on the timeline. Of course, you always have the option of rendering the whole project and it'll be fine.

I've seen this since I've had the Toaster. Sometimes it works correctly - other times not. Seems to be no rhyme nor reason.

Pete Draves
03-07-2003, 02:02 PM
When making loops, I will use rotation for an example, 360 degrees. frame 1 is the same as frame 360, sooo when making a loop render frame 1 thru frame 359 . When placed on timeline all matches up.

Pete Draves

the old dog barks backwards!

SBowie
03-08-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Pete Draves ... sooo when making a loop render frame 1 thru frame 359 . When placed on timeline all matches up.

I used to do that, too, or alternatively simply set rotation 0- 359. Lately I've taken to simply trimming off the last frame. In any case, the reason for this post: doing this just yesterday I realized I would like another feature in TEd.

Currently, dragging an in/out point in TEd will hold the first/last frame, and adding an ALT key qualifier will do a time interpolation (fast/slomo) ... I'd love to have another option (maybe Shift qualifier?) that added looped the clip's frames, just like Aura can do when you stretch a layer.

ted
03-08-2003, 02:28 PM
Oooohhhh, Steve, I looove that one!
Please add that to the "Features Requested" list.
Good thought!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Lara
03-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Tted, getting excited as Toast [3] draws near...
Oooohhhh, Steve, I looove that one!
Please add that to the "Features Requested" list.

Yep, it was such a good idea, I submitted it myself!

Thanks, Steve :p

SBowie
03-09-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Paul Lara
Yep, it was such a good idea, I submitted it myself!

Thanks, Steve :p I live to swerve. Don't forget to ask for the corresponding field in Edit Props - you know, so you can punch in 3.0 to get 3 complete loops, just as you would enter 50% to get a half-speed slomo. :)

ted
03-09-2003, 11:09 AM
If you added slo-mo and loop together, would you call it Sloop:confused:

SBowie
03-09-2003, 12:08 PM
Shiver me timbers.... :D

Jim Capillo
03-09-2003, 06:24 PM
Sloop John B ???? Well, they were a California band.........:rolleyes:

SBowie
03-10-2003, 06:11 AM
Were they really? I well remember the song, and admit it was the first thing I thought of too -- but figured this crowd was to young to remember "Tell the Captain ashore, I wanna go ho-o-o- ome ... " :D

Jim Capillo
03-10-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by SBowie

"Tell the Captain ashore, I wanna go ho-o-o- ome ... " :D

:cool: Caught the Beach Boys (Mike Love's version) when they came around here last summer - great show, if you can look past the fact that there are only 2 originals (Mike & Bruce Johnston). Although they didn't do "Sloop" last year (they did it the year before), it's fun to let go of all the nastiness in today's world and regress into the fun of the '60's !

SBowie
03-10-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Jim Capillo . .. it's fun to let go of all the nastiness in today's world and regress into the fun of the '60's ! Heh -- some of us never left. I think I've finally got my wife convinced that men never really mature much past 18 or so ... they're just older on the outside, and too tired to behave like they would if they could. :)