PDA

View Full Version : NDI - Provide remote control of Camera controls

adziebart
11-10-2017, 07:40 AM
Not sure if this has been requested yet for a future NDI release. I currently utilize vMix for my streams which utilizes 3 NDI based cameras (Samsung S8 and S5 cameras)

I would like to be able to remotely control focus, zoom, and exposure from my vMix console.

Thank you

SBowie
11-10-2017, 09:26 AM
This is already possible with NDI (TriCaster supports it, as do some other applications), but you will need to ask the vMix developers to support these features.

livepad
11-11-2017, 12:43 AM
Not sure if this has been requested yet for a future NDI release. I currently utilize vMix for my streams which utilizes 3 NDI based cameras (Samsung S8 and S5 cameras)

I would like to be able to remotely control focus, zoom, and exposure from my vMix console.

Thank you

Presumably you are using the NewTek NDI Camera app on your Samsung phones.

Whilst NDI does have the ability to carry remote control metadata, it requires that both ends implement this functionality. As Steve mentioned, TriCaster can control cameras via NDI, but I suspect you may find that the Android NDI Camera app doesn't support remote control.

This is something we will consider adding to our NDICam app for iPhone (doesn't currently support remote control either) - but its certainly useful idea.

SBowie
11-11-2017, 06:51 AM
Whilst NDI does have the ability to carry remote control metadata, it requires that both ends implement this functionality.Yes, and several camera brands apart from NewTek have announced NDI|HX support (including control), and there's good reason to expect more.