PDA

View Full Version : Creating Clothes for Daz3d objects

grafxstudio
11-09-2017, 04:05 PM
I'm having a problem and maybe you can advise me on what to do. I have tried modeling clothes following videos I have found on the internet. Start with a cylinder and then shape the sides tpo follow the contour. Then subdivide. Shape it more then subdivide and shape. They used Silo which has a way of smooth your object. That's what I'm not sure what to do. When I try to make clothes with splines I get confused on where my lines are at the Daz object. Anyone have a way that will help me to use on these methods to make clothes?

prometheus
11-10-2017, 04:00 AM
I'm having a problem and maybe you can advise me on what to do. I have tried modeling clothes following videos I have found on the internet. Start with a cylinder and then shape the sides tpo follow the contour. Then subdivide. Shape it more then subdivide and shape. They used Silo which has a way of smooth your object. That's what I'm not sure what to do. When I try to make clothes with splines I get confused on where my lines are at the Daz object. Anyone have a way that will help me to use on these methods to make clothes?
Video links please.
And you refer to both splines and cylinders. .that seems like two different methods?

Norka
11-10-2017, 04:52 AM
I haven't had a chance to take the new ManuelbastioniLAB 1.6 for a spin, but using its new features to conform clothes to a mesh might help with this. Check out MBL if you haven't already... And hell, maybe you won't even need Daz any more... http://www.manuelbastioni.com/index.php