PDA

View Full Version : Any tried Akeytsu yet ?

blackmondy
11-02-2017, 07:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Pfpp8FGL4

Greenlaw
11-02-2017, 08:07 PM
I remember seeing an early demo of Akeytsu a few years ago. Looks like it's developing nicely and the price is good. ($179 for Indie Commerical license.)

However, looking through the docs, it appaers Akeytsu currently exports only FBX. Point Cache/MDD export is a must before I can seriously consider it. I guess that could be in the works since the manual says the i/o features are still in beta.

If I could spare the time, I'd like to check it out. Sigh! :)

Curious to hear what others here think.

Ryan Roye
11-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Akeytsu is missing a few critical components to make it a solid replacement for mainstream 3d animation programs. It has no morph/blendshape equivalent, no SDK for custom tools, and no deformation stacking. Aside from that, everything Akeytsu offers to its users is remarkably solid and well thought out.

Vong
11-03-2017, 02:31 PM
Well, seeing as how Akeytsu in its first incarnation was meant solely for animators working on games, I can see why it doesn't have any of those "higher end" features! :D

jwiede
11-03-2017, 11:43 PM
Well, seeing as how Akeytsu in its first incarnation was meant solely for animators working on games, I can see why it doesn't have any of those "higher end" features! :D

Perhaps, though I really think the absence of an SDK was a mistake. Allowing users to design their own "motion modifiers" (or whatever Akeytsu calls them), IO, etc. would (potentially) greatly increase the value and utility of the app, and take some of that burden off the developers as well. Early on is when third-party devs' contributions can really help boost an app's value, and get it to "critical user mass" faster.