View Full Version : OT: Could you Check

12-21-2003, 03:29 PM
and see if you can visit my Website (http://www.imagereality.com).

I had webhost problems last week and ended up getting a dedicated server to resolve the problem. I just want to make sure people outside of my network can visit the site.

If you can just post here saying you can and can not.

On a side note anybody that knows alot about this kind of stuff know why I can't recieve email from domains such as yahoo.com? If sent from mail accounts such as [email protected] they get a failed delivery message.


12-21-2003, 03:53 PM
Worked for me.

12-21-2003, 03:59 PM
Maybe your web host rejects email from certain domains as a spam protection?

12-21-2003, 03:59 PM
All I got was a grey page with a single link to the NewTek forums.
Nice and clean though.;)

12-21-2003, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the quick check.

The grey page with the link is my placeholder at the moment.

Originally posted by Dodgy
Maybe your web host rejects email from certain domains as a spam protection?

Actually figured out there was a setting in the Exim mail server that checks or verifies senders email accounts. If they did not match the domains on the server it was rejected.

I have no idea why that setting is on by default, but I got email working now.

Again Thanks for the quick replies.

12-21-2003, 08:56 PM
I can see the site.

The transgender stuff looks interesting. I know in some circles that would be a sin worthy of purgatory, but I'm not one that supports bigotry. Even my spell-checker wants to change transgender to transponder!!!

Regarding emails to yahoo... domain names are handled by DNS servers. There's a number of them around the world, and they're not part of your network.

I'd say that if you can send mail to every other address except Yahoo accounts, then the fault is with Yahoo. Also check the email was addressed correctly.

12-21-2003, 10:01 PM
Ok update.

Can recieve email but not send... Has to be a setting I'm overlooking.

12-21-2003, 11:00 PM
Another update...

Got everything working, it turned out to be a simple solution. I had the IP addresses wrong for the resolvers, just had to correct everything in resolv.conf. Send and Recieve works now. Thanks again for all tried the site to verify that it worked.