PDA

View Full Version : Bladerunner 2049 -A Lush Screensaver or a New Classic?

ianr
10-12-2017, 06:05 AM
Well, Let your points run, but It would be conducive to see the movie first.

50one
10-12-2017, 06:26 AM
IT was ******* amazing.

visuals aside(even tho it was like looking at 3hrs of concept work) the plot, characters were amazing.
Music score fantastic.
To me 11/10.

Just listening to soundtrack :)

rustythe1
10-12-2017, 06:56 AM
yes, I love the remix theme they did for the trailer too, they actually scrapped the soundtrack at the 11th hr (they guy who did the arrival was originally doing it) and brought in hans to re score it, the whole score was leaked on to youtube so you can listen to it already

50one
10-12-2017, 06:57 AM
yes, I love the remix theme they did for the trailer too, they actually scrapped the soundtrack at the 11th hr (they guy who did the arrival was originally doing it) and brought in hans to re score it, the whole score was leaked on to youtube so you can listen to it already

It's on Spotify too.

daforum
10-12-2017, 07:07 AM
I've seen it twice now!

First time I was taken in by the visuals, sfx and score - and absolutely loved the film.
Second viewing I focussed more on the characters and story - and felt miserable after watching it!

Thinking about seeing it again to see if the previous experiences all merge into a good and lasting experience....

ActionBob
10-12-2017, 07:49 AM
I rather enjoyed it. I have mixed feelings whether I like it better or worse than orginial, but can't deny it was a very good sequel. Unfortunately, like the first movie, it is not doing well at the box office. But I will be adding it to my collection when it is released for home video.

-Adrian

50one
10-12-2017, 08:14 AM
Second viewing I focused more on the characters and story - and felt miserable after watching it!

Ditto, sad as hell but what a great experience.

Not sure why it done so bad...everyone who watched it was blown away...I went to see it 9PM on Monday and apart from me there were just two other people there :D

THIBAULT
10-12-2017, 08:45 AM
And all VFX made with LW ? WHoaaaaa !

fablefox
10-12-2017, 08:55 AM
I've seen it twice now!

First time I was taken in by the visuals, sfx and score - and absolutely loved the film.
Second viewing I focussed more on the characters and story - and felt miserable after watching it!

Thinking about seeing it again to see if the previous experiences all merge into a good and lasting experience....

A lush screensaver.

I only need to watch it once to know the storyline is a trainwreck.

The reason (WITH SPOILER) is posted here at modo forum:
https://community.foundry.com/discuss/topic/135832/blade-runner-2049-with-spoiler

There is another thread (without spoiler) that I talk about the movie. I nodded (sleepy) watching it. Half in the Bag review agree that its slow.

kyuzo
10-12-2017, 09:03 AM
So how closely does the story link up with the original? Is it integral? Few hat tips? or just set in the same universe with old Deckard?

50one
10-12-2017, 09:05 AM
Some folks need to get out more, rather than going watch a movie once in a while and seeing toilet seat from time to time. If they want to be brutal, I could be either.

ianr
10-12-2017, 10:41 AM

I feel that it's the best Zimmers done in ten years in soundtrack terms, for it has, like the film has, motif alludes to 'Vamgeli' textures.

But in sonic terms those huge, granular fruity farts of, maybe Moog LFO filters panned at us which where so expertly

spliced into real orchestral instruments like the cello's all within the timeframe of one note where extravagantly clever & effective.

They certainly blew my head away, along with the Tibetan horns in there somewhere. Not since hearing transgender Carlos do

Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary by Henry Purcell in Clockwork Orange, have I been in awe of others MoogWork. ..

For I used have & play my own Rig o' Moogs in the 70's in N.Y. & London.138266

I therefore cut to the chase here and state, saying : OSCar > Sountrack > Hans Zimmer:jam:

tyrot
10-12-2017, 11:04 AM
incredible

Markc
10-12-2017, 11:44 AM
Awesome movie, great soundtrack :D

prometheus
10-12-2017, 12:26 PM
I feel that it's the best Zimmers done in ten years in soundtrack terms, for it has, like the film has, motif alludes to 'Vamgeli' textures.

But in sonic terms those huge, granular fruity farts of, maybe Moog LFO filters panned at us which where so expertly

spliced into real orchestral instruments like the cello's all within the timeframe of one note where extravagantly clever & effective.

They certainly blew my head away, along with the Tibetan horns in there somewhere. Not since hearing transgender Carlos do

Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary by Henry Purcell in Clockwork Orange, have I been in awe of others MoogWork. ..

For I used have & play my own Rig o' Moogs in the 70's in N.Y. & London.138266

I therefore cut to the chase here and state, saying : OSCar > Sountrack > Hans Zimmer:jam:

To mee it sounds very much just like vangelis, the tune, the sound itself, sure..there may be variations, but in essence it sounds pretty much as plagiated/ influenced to 85 percent of what vangelis did, so the characteristics of the tune is vangelis, not really zimmerman.
That said and with reservation..haven´t heard the whole soundtrack, maybe I should before passing judgment.

Spinland
10-12-2017, 01:58 PM
Loved it, found it a worthy successor to the original. More "twitch and bang" action but them's the times we live in. Story advanced the narrative of the first quite well, and the open-ended finish bodes well for more.

Markc
10-12-2017, 03:31 PM
To mee it sounds very much just like vangelis, the tune, the sound itself, sure..there may be variations, but in essence it sounds pretty much as plagiated/ influenced to 85 percent of what vangelis did, so the characteristics of the tune is vangelis, not really zimmerman.
That said and with reservation..haven´t heard the whole soundtrack, maybe I should before passing judgment.

Yes there is some 'vangelis/tangerine dream' feel to the music.....which to me is great, I was hoping one of them would have composed the music. But was pleasantly suprised with Hans Zimmer's soundtrack.
There are also some nice elements similar to the 'dark knight'.

rustythe1
10-12-2017, 05:47 PM

yes, if you mean the music from the trailers etc, that is not the film score by hans, its just remixes of the Vangelis tracks, the film score is different.

vonpietro
10-12-2017, 09:08 PM
there are some points i was unclear about - specifically wiht the wooden horse memory.

tyrot
10-13-2017, 04:41 AM
that memory was implanted on to K ... it was NOT his memory .. He thought it was his own memory and he was the one :) Unfortunately he is not the one.. Girl is .. (hybrid)

rcallicotte
10-13-2017, 05:14 AM
SPOILERS - don't read above this line. :)

art
10-13-2017, 06:48 AM
Should I see it in IMAX or regular theater will be good enough?

Norka
10-13-2017, 08:49 AM
IMAX would be cool, but I kinda wished I had seen it 2D. 3D (in xD theatre) was not warranted for BR2049, imo. It was a great flick and I loved. Really will require BluRay purchase immediately when it comes out, and multiple viewings.. But I think I still have to go with BR2019 as my preferred one. Just watched it (Idk, 30th time?) on BluRay the night before seeing BR2049.. Yeah, original is just a little better. Darker. Grittier... But I am thrilled that 2049 was not just a repeat though. Whew!

art
10-13-2017, 09:04 AM
Well, the theater near me shows options as standard, IMAX and 3d. I'm not sure if that IMAX is 2d or 3d. I'd rather watch 2d.

jwiede
10-13-2017, 10:27 AM
that memory was implanted on to K ... it was NOT his memory .. He thought it was his own memory and he was the one :) Unfortunately he is not the one.. Girl is .. (hybrid)

BOO! Next time warn people before giving away movie spoilers!!

tyrot
10-13-2017, 10:31 AM
hehe :) sorry my bad :)

Chris S. (Fez)
10-13-2017, 11:56 AM
I saw it already, so nothing spoiled here, but that really undermines the mystery of the movie. Might want to spare others and delete all evidence of that spoiler from the thread.

Farhad_azer
10-13-2017, 02:21 PM
Sorry guys that i dont know exactly what u r talking about but was lw used in this movie or not?
Of course software is the least important but i am just curios.

djwaterman
10-13-2017, 11:33 PM
Sorry guys that i dont know exactly what u r talking about but was lw used in this movie or not?
Of course software is the least important but i am just curios.

I think that was a joke comment.

ianr
10-14-2017, 09:28 AM
And all VFX made with LW ? WHoaaaaa !

Comme vous le souhaitiez juste ainsi, Thibault mon brav!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208731153509809&set=gm.1228473343925329&type=3&theater

Maybe some of you remember the Ziggurat & Flier LWS Content of the 1st Film in LIGHTWAVE'S shipped ANIM scenes hommage.

Would it not be nice if a beta-boy or time willing Lino? Made a Content LWS Anim Scene to show off LW NeXt's capabilities

when it ships, that would have a nice symmetry about it ? :newtek:

And to 50 one , thank you for a more heart-felt response than some others here, well said by you!

The sadness; yes; of the slowing fade death of Gaia or Flora; call her what you: will Mother Nature; as she fades into extinction.

Is more under-pinned here and more felt poignantly what with the planet's changes in the intervening years between the these two films.

With use of the 1935 "Okies" and "Arkies" Dust Bowl return in Vegas here , when me & the blonde came out of the movie I swear,

we both for a moment, looked for dust on our coats?...

50one
10-14-2017, 12:53 PM
Comme vous le souhaitiez juste ainsi, Thibault mon brav!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208731153509809&set=gm.1228473343925329&type=3&theater

Maybe some of you remember the Ziggurat & Flier LWS Content of the 1st Film in LIGHTWAVE'S shipped ANIM scenes hommage.

Would it not be nice if a beta-boy or time willing Lino? Made a Content LWS Anim Scene to show off LW NeXt's capabilities

when it ships, that would have a nice symmetry about it ? :newtek:

And to 50 one , thank you for a more heart-felt response than some others here, well said by you!

The sadness; yes; of the slowing fade death of Gaia or Flora; call her what you: will Mother Nature; as she fades into extinction.

Is more under-pinned here and more felt poignantly what with the planet's changes in the intervening years between the these two films.

With use of the 1935 "Okies" and "Arkies" Dust Bowl return in Vegas here , when me & the blonde came out of the movie I swear,

we both for a moment, looked for dust on our coats?...

Wife with the kiddo were away for few hrs yesterday so I rewatched the original on DVD, fantastic!.
Seriously, preordering on BluRay when it's out, to me it was fantastic.

I've been hearing that it's crap/too long - mostly from folks that were born after 94....they have attention span of a peeled apple.
There's a reason why Fast & Furious franchise was invented lol

ianr
10-15-2017, 08:36 AM
Some people are in the know about the herculean task of being an Helmer, fragilty of bringing a vision in form in awesomeness of the pressure etc..
Some people here are in the Armchair( can I put my hand in ma head & do this) sort of Crictic Thang. Are some people here really Fish with the attention span.?
I expected from a forum of so called Creatives (in film) more feedback maybe not many left here now? This is the most important film of the year in Art terms!
Also the original suffered B.O. drag/ Re- edits up to sir Rid's Edit . now with only 80.5 Mill $ was Global return on it but they have brought the China Release forward
according to Variety, it will get the monies back as China is now 2nd Market global terms.

With regards to Sythesizering I thought I explained the difficulty to do what Zimmerman as done.As major motifs are definitely Moog Bass filters( still the best in the World) but then what do I know?
Having been asked to join Tangerine Dream in the 70’s , getting sent spare Moog modules by them for birhdays & Xmas by Chrisof .F. Players then, where a small band of brothers.
Then a friend joined TangerineD,( Mr. Jolliffe) as I was seriously ill inside a Communi st Europe Hospital at the time. Result Virgin records ( Simon Draper) ripped them off for monies on the Revolver LP
but what do I know about Sythesizering?

I do know that the lovely man Mr. Deakins if there is any justice in this anty-panty world after soo many times up for it should get the statue :

Deakins>lighting DOP > OSCAR..

daforum
10-15-2017, 01:42 PM
"Deakins>lighting DOP > OSCAR.."

Totally agree :thumbsup:

rustythe1
10-15-2017, 04:48 PM
Some people are in the know about the herculean task of being an Helmer, fragilty of bringing a vision in form in awesomeness of the pressure etc..
Some people here are in the Armchair( can I put my hand in ma head & do this) sort of Crictic Thang. Are some people here really Fish with the attention span.?
I expected from a forum of so called Creatives (in film) more feedback maybe not many left here now? This is the most important film of the year in Art terms!
Also the original suffered B.O. drag/ Re- edits up to sir Rid's Edit . now with only 80.5 Mill $ was Global return on it but they have brought the China Release forward
according to Variety, it will get the monies back as China is now 2nd Market global terms.

With regards to Sythesizering I thought I explained the difficulty to do what Zimmerman as done.As major motifs are definitely Moog Bass filters( still the best in the World) but then what do I know?
Having been asked to join Tangerine Dream in the 70’s , getting sent spare Moog modules by them for birhdays & Xmas by Chrisof .F. Players then, where a small band of brothers.
Then a friend joined TangerineD,( Mr. Jolliffe) as I was seriously ill inside a Communi st Europe Hospital at the time. Result Virgin records ( Simon Draper) ripped them off for monies on the Revolver LP
but what do I know about Sythesizering?

I do know that the lovely man Mr. Deakins if there is any justice in this anty-panty world after soo many times up for it should get the statue :

Deakins>lighting DOP > OSCAR..

I love the "Legend" Tangerine dream soundtrack version, funny, another scott film, oddly though he removed it from his IMDB page

Markc
10-16-2017, 03:21 AM
It IS listed there on IMDB though as:

Jerry Goldsmith (Directors Cut) [European version]
Tangerine Dream [US version]

ianr
10-17-2017, 06:45 AM
Geoff @ Foundry said
One of the reasons it hasn't done so well at the box office is because it isn't commercial enough.
The pace is slow and deliberate. It's long. It's nuanced and it takes every opportunity to allow the audience to soak up the visuals.
It could have been way, way more commercial than it is and in fact that's one of the reasons I loved it so much.
I thought it was brave to make a movie for film buffs who wanted to be immersed in the world and story the movie tells.
But it's all subjective and like I say, each to their own. I'm not in the business of trying to persuade people to like a film just because I did.

I said: you wouldn't tell David Lean to chop- up Laurence of Arabia cos both films are mean't to linger visually on large immersive sets.

Theodore Roosevelt said
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs,
who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds;
who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls
who neither know victory nor defeat.”

We'all see in a year the worth of this BD. (Top B.O. in UK)

Spinland
10-17-2017, 07:49 AM
First, thank you for the Teddy quote: it's one of my favorites and I often bring it out when critics (those who can, do; those who can't, become critics) raise their ugly heads.

Just speaking for myself but I see a lack of mainstream excitement over this film to be a plus. Feel free to flame me as you please but I, for one, enjoy experiencing films made for grown-ups and I expect this masterpiece to have legs, and to be enshrined as a classic. :jam:

Thank the FSM there are producers more interested in making art than money, and who have the means to indulge that interest.

JohnMarchant
10-17-2017, 09:04 AM

Deakins>lighting DOP > OSCAR..[/QUOTE]

Totally agree Deakins is a must for an oscar this time.

ianr
10-17-2017, 09:43 AM
First, thank you for the Teddy quote: it's one of my favorites and I often bring it out when critics (those who can, do; those who can't, become critics) raise their ugly heads.

Just speaking for myself but I see a lack of mainstream excitement over this film to be a plus. Feel free to flame me as you please but I, for one, enjoy experiencing films made for grown-ups and I expect this masterpiece to have legs, and to be enshrined as a classic. :jam:

Thank the FSM there are producers more interested in making art than money, and who have the means to indulge that interest.

Spin see ma Muso Hat Old post great Moog Work Here!

Spinland
10-17-2017, 02:03 PM
Spin see ma Muso Hat Old post great Moog Work Here!

Saw it. A thing of power and beauty.

Fun aside: some of the music I grew up with were a couple of vinyl LPs of Dick Hyman's Electric Eclectics featuring the first-ever studio releases of serious MOOG work. I'm multi-instrumental but I do a shite ton of MIDI synth work as part of my audio production business and the trusty old MOOG paradigm holds a special place in my evil, black heart. :jam:

rustythe1
10-17-2017, 02:18 PM
It IS listed there on IMDB though as:

Jerry Goldsmith (Directors Cut) [European version]
Tangerine Dream [US version]

yes, I mean scott has removed the link from his IMDB page, I know he had issues similar to Lynch and dune about the film, but it still holds a higher rating than some of his work since, the music was one of the issues he had back then,

ianr
10-18-2017, 09:43 AM
Hey Spinny, This is my scale proto-controller in the 70's, sadly I did not have the extras $ for

Alembic in Calif. to make it for me, it was to be early midi, enjoy the guitar shape.

also the head glowed yellow green & orange red depending which octave to where in.138333138334138335

Spinland
10-18-2017, 09:47 AM
Wow, that's very cool! I'm getting a strong vibe from the design: looks like the sort of guitar a Mimbari would play. ;)

kyuzo
10-18-2017, 10:04 AM
Wow, that's very cool! I'm getting a strong vibe from the design: looks like the sort of guitar a Mimbari would play. ;)

I know what you mean, but this looks like a regular guitar to me...

;)

ianr
10-19-2017, 06:20 AM

;)

Thanks for the Feedback to me design, but it is dated & of its period (70's.)

I suppose wanted to do Pitch-Bend GEETARR's up front with the rest of them?

The bend wheels (all signable Midi) rotated on their own turntable ratch mechanism

to one's comfortable playing postion. The FretKEYboard ratch stopped in a rotatable

neck again, to ones' comfortable playing postion.

The keys where modified Casio Micro keys that worked with a rude after-touch mech.

Pro-Synth acess to assignable preset voice banks (MIDI) with LED bank numbers seen

on the Bout (horn) showing your program number.

And for silliness the Flambeau Head was to be back lit cast perspex with

optic fibres running into the tips. The body (ASH) has oiled black American

Walnut inlays which matched the wood my JBL custom foldback stage monitors.

(Better than humping a boring Moog 1150 Ribbon controller, back in the day. )

P.S. can't do that headdress thung (chuckle)

Spinland
10-19-2017, 06:45 AM

;)

Bwahahaha! Touché. :D

ianr
10-21-2017, 08:58 AM
Here is the Soundtrack Running Order , from the advance limited edition CD

1. ”2049” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
2. “Sapper’s Tree” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
3. “Flight to LAPD” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
4. “Summer Wind” – Frank Sinatra
5. “Rain” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
6. “Wallace” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
7. ”Memory” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
8. “Mesa” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
9. ”Orphanage” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
10. “Furnace” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
11. “Someone Lived This” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
12. ”Joi” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
13. “Pilot” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
14. ”Suspicious Minds” – Elvis Presley
15. “Can’t Help Falling In Love” – Elvis Presley
16. “One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)” - Frank Sinatra
17. ”Hijack” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
18. “That’s Why We Believe” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
19. “Her Eyes Were Green” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
20. “Sea Wall” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
21. “All The Best Memories Are Hers” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
22. “Tears In Rain” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
23. “Blade Runner” – Hans Zimmer & Benjamin Wallfisch
24. “Almost Human” - Lauren Daigle

Previous I therefore cut to the chase here and state, saying : OSCar > Soundtrack > Hans Zimmer:jam:[/QUOTE]

I have Update,my Bad : OSCar > Soundtrack > Hans Zimmer & Ben Wallfisch:rock:

daforum
10-26-2017, 04:46 AM
I've got this soundtrack and I agree with your 'blue' choices as they are the tracks I skip every time I listen to it!

gar26lw
10-26-2017, 07:27 AM
i wonder why they didn’t get Mr Papathanassiou to do the ST? (good ol wikipedia, who knew? i see why he shortened it)

saw it the other night. awesome. thank god it’s not a michael bay.

bobakabob
10-26-2017, 03:37 PM
The new film is worthy and beautiful to look at but it just doesn't compare to the power, mystery and subtlety of the original. Villeneuve is a gifted director with real integrity, but at times it felt more like a Marvel production, e.g. the awful fight at the end and Leto's cornball villain. The cinematography strangely tended to underuse shallow depth of field so all the details were pin sharp, as if to show off the well constructed film sets making some sequences e.g the urban prostitute scene patently fake looking. Even the fabric of Luv's clothing looked finely focused and cheap as a result.

Strengths -

* Production design and CGI. However whereas the first film had an "awful beauty", this was more grittily "awful". Perhaps this was intentional... the pollution theme was certainly well done conveyed through some stunning apocalyptic vistas. The holograms were a nice touch but why were they all female? Surely the commodification of sex was missing out on a 50% demographic. A friend suggested Joi should have been capable of switching genders which would have amplified the satire and defused accusations of misogyny.
* Gosling - he projected innocence and loneliness brilliantly, mainly acting subtlety through his eyes.
* Ford - looks great for his age, authentic throughout but even he looked lost when glugging water in the truly daft finale. Also what was up with his dress code - he looked like he was still in rehearsals throughout.
* The hologram concepts eg ménage a trois, were strong and captured the spirit of Philip K Dick. But note the guy still kept his clothes on! My female friends can't be convinced this potentially great scene was anything but backward and male orientated.

Weaknesses

* Some terrible clumsy and downright ugly misogynistic scenes e.g the knifing of the naked replicant. It was just plain crass, unlike the powerful poignant murders of Zora and Pris. The shooting of 'Rachel' was also tacky, a cheap throwaway. Bang - dead with zero anticipation. What happened to the well sustained mature noir pacing and drama of the original? My wife understandably almost walked out a couple of times.
* What really killed it was Jared Leto's ludicrous hammy hipster villain. He completely lacked gravitas and his cornball rambling speeches were straight out of bad fan fiction. Mercifully he seemed to be written out of the third act. A hologram of the superb Joe Turkell would have been terrific.
* The cringe inducing scene of the rebel replicants ("We can defeat them" schtick, straight out of a 70s B movie.)
* The soundtrack has some great moments but sounds rushed, with barely a hint of the eerie melodic atmospherics of Vangelis' epic mood piece.

Overall I give it 3.5 out of 5. With better editing and a dose of subtlety there's a great film in there.
Still a fan of Villeneuve and it's hard to imagine the pressure he faced with the weight of expectations.

gar26lw
10-26-2017, 05:46 PM
I thought it was true to the original and I am glad it didn't opt for PC bs. its an 80's movie remade. Loved it.

erikals
10-26-2017, 09:37 PM
thought it was 3.7 on a scale of 5

lots of Fantastic art, and alright acting.

however, couldn't live up to the depth of the interesting Replicants and story in Blade Runner 1982

will i see it again? yep. was it Awesome? nope.

MAUROCOR
10-27-2017, 02:30 AM
Excellent movie! I like everything!
In one word: AMAZING!

ianr
10-27-2017, 07:20 AM
'The soundtrack has some great moments but sounds rushed, with barely a hint of the eerie melodic atmospherics of Vangelis' epic mood piece.'

An interesting Comment it seems Johan Johansssen was scoring first when Dennis & He couldn't agree on a middle ground( maybe too much Vangeli).
Because if it had,that would have pilloried to, for Non- Muso's shouting about plagiarism instead of using the musically correct phrase 'variations on a theme'
that I have seen on other forums.

So Zimmer & Walfisch it seems where called in in late April for scoring, so since then it may rushed, but maybe consider and think of it as fragmented,
to go with this appalling society in this future world. Khachaturian it is not agreed, an allude to Vangeli is enough considering the flank that would appear.
It's the granular huge Synth textures that HAUNT this sound shape like a sonic version of William Gibson's Moa A.I.'s in Neuromancer that will pull the Oscar.

erikals
10-27-2017, 09:49 AM
agree, just like with Force Awakens i felt it was a dull theme.

also the Surround was pretty much absent, not sure if that was due to the cinema,
it shouldn't be, brand new cinema with new sound system, also sat in the very middle.

erikals
10-28-2017, 06:20 AM
http://www.artofvfx.com/blade-runner-2049-richard-clegg-vfx-supervisor-mpc

https://i.imgur.com/UmiesBF.gif

gar26lw
10-28-2017, 07:42 AM
i have to say i thought the cg characters were awesome in this. this was the first time that i thought it was cg at first then thought maybe not as the nose was out and the lips and mouth moved different to sean young's rachel. then I thought, ok they got a reasonable look a-like for cost. then went back to thinking cg, cos the movement and proportions were off. hats off to em

ianr
10-28-2017, 08:48 AM
i have to say i thought the cg characters were awesome in this. this was the first time that i thought it was cg at first then thought maybe not as the nose was out and the lips and mouth moved different to sean young's rachel. then I thought, ok they got a reasonable look a-like for cost. then went back to thinking cg, cos the movement and proportions were off. hats off to em

A 4K CyberScan of Miss Sean from the original sure is a Godsend in Assets?

I like the time put into the eyes, there's, the-spark always in the 'peepers'

Finessing hand animating all the 'secondaries' therein lies the key to the last 3% now.

I for one can't wait for Real time Hi-Rez scrubber-line tweaking, it's nearly here.