PDA

View Full Version : New SciFi channel program

gjjackson
12-21-2003, 08:13 AM
Did anyone happen to see the SciFi channels new show on Friday, I think, called 2Shocking4TV.

At first I thought it was going to be another lame crude show like so many these days. But the company I had wanted to see it so, okay we'll watch it. To my surprise it was quite good. It was kind of a take off of the Cops shows, with a host that somewhat resembled the Sheriff that hosted the show. The first segment was about a kid's dad that was blowing up a swimming pool. The kid comes running out of the house and jumps on the pool (about half aired up) and the pressure from the pool causes the dad's head to explode. (The effects looked pretty darn good). The announcer comes on and warns of the danger of blowing up a kid's pool and someone jumping on it.

Another was a kid getting a new toy. It's a little hand toy and when presses a button it turns into an actual light sabre. So he's swinging it around and his grandmother is behind him and he slices here in two from the shoulders up. He doesn't see it because he's facing the opposite direction. You see the grandmother's top part slide off the rest of her body.

Another was a flying saucer hovering down the freeway with a number of police cars following. (Looked like film from the OJ chase). At one point the saucer goes off the freeway and crashes to the ground. Someone gets out and starts running. Evidently the saucer was stolen.

It appears they took some actual film and put some effects in there to create a whole new story, one which could be considered to be crude but nonetheless was hilarious. I couldn't help but seeing someone get his head blown up and actually laughing at it.

I haven't cared much for SciFi channel's shows but this I give 4 out of 5.

From SciFi

WORLD PREMIERE: 2SHOCKING4TV
It's the footage "they" don't want you to see. "They" said if we showed it to you, they'd have to kill you — but that's a chance we're willing to take! John O'Hurley (J. Peterman on Seinfeld) is your very serious host as we present startling proof of alien visitations, amateur footage of cutting-edge technologies that the government claims don't exist, innocuous household objects that are actually deathtraps in disguise, and more. It's all too amazing for words, too remarkable to ignore, 2Shocking4TV.

Premieres Friday, December 19, at 10:30PM ET/PT

anieves
12-21-2003, 08:46 AM
he, he I happened to watch the show, I thought it was pretty funny myself. The best fx in my opinion was the kiddie pool; I couldn't stop laughing.

I just wished they didn't blur the girl in the sea monster one:D

A Mejias
12-21-2003, 11:03 AM
I haven't seen the show, but the first two scenes you described are from old shorts that were floating around the internet a few years ago. Looks like they are just repackaging them for TV.