PDA

View Full Version : PTZ Number Matching Input Number

comer_t
10-09-2017, 04:29 AM
We have multiple PTZs on Inputs 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 & 16
As it is now, you can't change the PTZ list number to match the input number.
When you are in a live production, there's no time to think that you need to adjust PTZ 2 that is really input 11. We have a cheat sheet taped to the wall to remember, but why can't the PTZ number match the PTZ input number. This really needs fixed

spaulsen
10-09-2017, 09:08 AM
I believe you can do this in reverse. Take inputs and rename them PTZ1, PTZ2, PTZ3.

Regards,
Steve

kanep
10-09-2017, 02:08 PM
Are you talking on the control surface? In the UI, the PTZ information does update to match the input number that you want to control.

comer_t
10-16-2017, 10:46 AM

As you can see in the picture.
PTZ 1 is really input 11 on our switcher.
PTZ 2 is really input 12 on our switcher.
PTZ 3 is really input 13 on our switcher.
PTZ 4 is really input 7 on our switcher.
PTZ 5 is really input 14 on our switcher.
PTZ 6 is really input 15 on our switcher.
PTZ 7 is really input 16 on our switcher.

Why is it that you can't make PTZ input 11, Controlled with #11, (first column) to match the input number? It would make a lot of sense if the input and the PTZ Control number matched, but you can't unless you use input 1-8 for PTZs and we config yours for 1-3 Studio cameras, 4 - 5 is our on set computers.

Also, we have 16 "inputs", but why can we only have 8 PTZs, what if we wanted 12 PTZs? That's only 8 spots to enter into the PTZ Controls

kanep
10-16-2017, 04:28 PM
I know this is how it appear in PTZ setup UI. However, when I looked on my TriCaster TC1 PTZ UI panel (bottom left tab), the input name I select does show up at the bottom, so I don't find it confusing. Is this there where you are talking?

As for the max number, I believe the thinking was that if you are needing more than 8 cameras controls, you probably would have a PTZ camera operator controlling them from another system. Many people might say that even 4 or more cameras is more than a switcher operator would want to be in control off during a production.