PDA

View Full Version : Long distance use

AndersM
10-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Hi,

My work has locations in three different cities, and I'm looking for an easy way to pass video between them.
I found this in the Spark manual:

APPENDIX A: NDI|HX AND REMOTE PRODUCTION

NDI™|HX can be used for remote production without any additional third party devices. The sole requirement is that the IP of the remote NDI|HX device is visible to the production system (which need not be on the same subnet). This can be achieved in a variety of ways. At present, NDI|HX a/v streams consume a maximum 10Mbit/s for 1080p60. However, all devices can be configured to lower bandwidth settings if you prefer (note that, when using NewTek products, bandwidth management will be particularly efficient). Because devices not on the local subnet cannot be automatically discovered, you must add individual devices manually. This can be achieved by manually editing a file in the following location (note that, by default, the ProgramData directory is hidden on Windows systems):

What do they mean by remote production? I'm hoping more than to the other side of the football field ;)
Is it possible to use ndihx between cities?

Thanks!

kanep
10-05-2017, 05:40 PM
It might be possible, but would require that the Spark unit directly accessed on the internet (or port forwarded). Also internet bandwidth a latency would need to be good enough to support the connection.

If one of those aspects aren't possible, you might want to look at one of these solutions, which are design to transfer NDI over the internet and account for higher latency and lower bandwidth situations.

Sienna Cloud for NDI®: http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=5ea0fa3a6386c4b965cc64010&id=f7dcac4205

Medialooks NDI® over Internet: https://www.medialooks.com/ndi

AndersM
11-15-2017, 01:26 AM
I see that this section is taken out of the manual now(revised nov. 14th). Do you know why? Does anyone have the instructions for editing the config file?
Thanks!