PDA

View Full Version : NDI-based Auto-Generated Scoring Bug for...Scholastic and College Wrestling!

jtm57
10-04-2017, 02:49 PM
We just released a new version of our iOS app, Takedown Scoring and Stats (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/takedown-scoring-and-stats/id536064569), that uses the NDI SDK to send auto-generated scoring bugs (five of them!). Really great solution for wrestling because it is simple, works well and eliminates the need to have someone manually generate the bugs. The production folks I've spoken with so far (a college and an independent production company) are excited to try this new approach.

If you want to know the knitty-gritty about what we did, here it is (https://www.levelchanger.com/video-overlay).

Looking forward to including more NDI innovations in our app.

kanep
10-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Cool, charging up my iPad so I can check this out.

jtm57
10-06-2017, 01:56 PM
Cool, charging up my iPad so I can check this out.

If you're not familiar with scoring a wrestling match (!!!) I can send a pre-configured database to make it easier to get the graphics going.

jtm57
12-15-2017, 06:50 PM
If you're not familiar with scoring a wrestling match (!!!) I can send a pre-configured database to make it easier to get the graphics going.

Last night one of our users, Independence High School in Iowa, successfully live streamed a high school sports event (wrestling dual meet) with scoring graphics auto-generated by a remote scoring app (ours) and wirelessly delivered to the mixing/streaming platform (OBS) via NDI. Incredibly, this accomplishment wasn't covered by the national news!

Seriously, and to my surprise, it all worked without a hitch, the user was very happy and the fan experience was great. With the scoring data auto-generated and delivered from our scoring app, the graphics were accurate, timely, reliable and attractive. Most importantly, the scoring graphics implementation is zero operator and this is important for the high school live sports market. As a side note, the user implemented a private LAN for the scoring and mixing/streaming platforms which was then hardwired into the host's network for streaming and other services. This configuration isolated the NDI traffic from the public use LAN which, in my experience, improves NDI's performance even for non-network intensive senders.

In any case, a successful production, happy customer and engaged viewers which, I think, is what we're all seeking.