PDA

View Full Version : ScreamerNet/Lightnet/Spider

ley1
12-21-2003, 03:40 AM
hello all, i have been using LWave 5.6 up until recently. i'm now a proud owner of LWave 7.5c. I'm happy with 7.5 but my problem is with the setup of ScreamerNet/Lightnet/Spider. When i was still using the 5.6, my screamernet setup worked wonderfully. i had to reformat and reinstall my machines when i upgraded them recently. screamernet doesn't run properly after that, so i tried lightnet and Spider from StationX, followed the instructions but still had problems. The closest i've gotten it to work is netrendering a scene, but it only rendered 1 frame. i've got four P4s with winXP installed, 100Mb network, File sharing enabled, could anyone help me out here. or even point me to a site where i can read up more on screamernet ? thanks in advance. heeeellllpppppp...

gjjackson
12-21-2003, 07:50 AM
Have you tried the SpiderX groups on Yahoo. There's many questions answered there. One of the problems is paths in the config files. Make sure any paths do not have spaces. It's preferrable to use UNC (\\Computer\path) If using UNC reload your plugins using UNC. If rendering a scene be sure Spreadsheet is not used in the scene file. There are issues there. It took me awhile to get Spider to work but once it did it was good. Also you need a logon account for Spider. Do not use your usual logon as the account. Create one just for Spider, then reinstall with that account. I don't use XP but on Yahoo there were issues with XP and logon accounts. Check there about that.

I see this is your first post. Welcome to the group.

Tom Wood
12-21-2003, 09:26 AM
http://www.newtek-europe.com/Stuff/LightWave/Misc/MattGorner_ScreamerNet_Tutorial.pdf

ley1
12-21-2003, 10:55 PM
Hey.. thanks a lot guys, i've managed to get my screamernet up and running. Phew.