PDA

View Full Version : Quixel updates?

sadkkf
10-02-2017, 08:46 AM
Does anyone know if Quixel has become abandonware? I haven't seen an update from them in a very long time. I also don't use Facebag so I have no way to know what kind of activity there has been.

Their lack of updates side by side with multiple Substance updates kind of tells me I bought into the wrong system.

hrgiger
10-02-2017, 10:00 AM
Personally i think substance is the better choice. Mainly because its standalone and not tied to photoshop. But i also just think substance has received larger proliferation. But i also just love its tools.

sadkkf
10-02-2017, 10:59 AM
I bought into Quixel with their 40% off sale. I'm not crazy about the reliance on PS and hope the next version is autonomous...if there is a next version.

ActionBob
10-02-2017, 02:46 PM
I think they have been mostly concentrated on publishing their MegaScans packs (which work with the Quixel suite - have both and Substance as well). So, Quixel a little slower, but I think their last pack was released like 2 months ago - so still active as far as I know. I happen to like Quixel Suite a lot. Seems more straight forward to me and better looking in my opinion over Substance. Substance retains a "game quality" to my eye. Just my opinion. I do like that it is independent of PS though.

-Adrian

Surrealist.
10-03-2017, 01:50 AM
They have been tending to offer two major updates per year. Last year the second update was in Sept. This year it is a little late it seems.