PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Rendering Artifacts

Chernoby
10-01-2017, 01:23 PM
I have a really annoying problem that I can not solve...

I have a very simple tracking shot. Camera moves in. And when the character bends his neck and head down I get black polygons. Sometimes they are poly shaped, tri shaped, organic looking blobs, or a combination.

It seemed like a shadow issue but I've tested every type of configuration. The artifacts are there no matter if I switch off receive shadows, self shadowing, etc. Or switch light types. I made clothing transparent, removed them, etc. Still there. Turned radiosity on/off. Increased light and shadow samples. Increased Ray recursion limit, ray precision. And lowered Ray cut off. Still there.

So then I thought it was a displacement issue. So I checked the normals, rebuilt poly sections where the black artifacts are, and still they appear.

The character has done way more intense deformations and I've never had this. I reloaded scene into a new scene. Still there.

From frustration I moved the camera and the stupid artifacts disappeared. Pics attached. Any ideas why from this one angle they appear and not from others?

First pics shows a bit of the artifacts. Underneath the chin by the shirt. At the worst parts of the sequence they appear on the left shoulder and grow up to just below the chin shadow.

Chernoby
10-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Ok. Well... this is odd. It seems to be photoreal motion blur. Because if I switch MB to dither, classic, or off... the artifacts go away. I'm going to render overnight and hopefully not see these specks.

Chernoby
10-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Ok. Well... this is odd. It seems to be photoreal motion blur. Because if I switch MB to dither, classic, or off... the artifacts go away. I'm going to render overnight and hopefully not see these specks.

Definitely it was photorealistic Motion Blur. Been trying to render this one scene out for five days. Finally rendered clean.