PDA

View Full Version : NDI HX on Tricaster

Victorslab
09-28-2017, 10:33 AM
I have a Tricaster 460 standard edition and have upgraded to the latest software. I also installed the NDI HX drivers. My question is how do I turn on NDI HX on the network output? I can turn on the network output as normal and I see the signal on NDI studio monitor on my PC but I have no way of knowing if it is transmitting "NDI core" or "NDI HX" video. I would like to be able to transmit NDI HX to conserve bandwidth. While on the topic, it there a way to change the NDI output on NDI 3.0 Scan Converter from NDI core to NDI HX?

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you in advance.

SBowie
09-28-2017, 10:37 AM
I would like to be able to transmit NDI HX to conserve bandwidth. While on the topic, it there a way to change the NDI output on NDI 3.0 Scan Converter from NDI core to NDI HXI'm afraid neither of these options is supported, at least at this time, Victor.

Victorslab
09-28-2017, 01:20 PM
I'm afraid neither of these options is supported, at least at this time, Victor.

Thanks for the quick response. So as far as I understand the only device or system that transmits NDI HX at this point is the Spark, and the NDI HX drivers are only for receiving NDI HX transmissions from the Spark, correct?

Thanks again.

SBowie
09-28-2017, 02:14 PM
Not quite: NewTek's new PTZ1 camera outputs HX, as do impending cameras from several other well known manufacturers.