Demon8
12-20-2003, 08:23 PM
Anyone using India Titler with VT3?

bradl
12-20-2003, 10:55 PM
Occasionally.

Demon8
12-21-2003, 09:22 PM
How do you import titles in vt3, through Aura or is there an easier way?

bradl
12-21-2003, 10:24 PM
Since India only outputs to QT, Aura or Mirage is the best way to go to RTV, which is how we do it. Of course other programs could convert QT to different formats also.

Demon8
12-22-2003, 04:24 PM
Thanks Brad for the info, is Aura or Mirage the fastest way to convert QT a RTV? Are is that the best?

bradl
12-22-2003, 10:42 PM
Using Aura without Pre-loading (option when importing) or Mirage (which doesn't Pre-load by default) is definately the fastest I know of. There aren't that many pgms that could even create an RTV, AFAIK.

sywitt
12-23-2003, 10:26 AM
After making the QT, there's a convert option up in tools? (I think) in India which will convert the animation to an uncompressed AVI. Now that VT3 recognizes avi alpha's, we've been using those files right from India.

I wish there was still an upgrade path ;( I bought the india lite, and sent in my order for the full thing the day they were bought by Apple. I wish I had full disk set. Grrrrr.

Sy Witt

Jim Capillo
12-23-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by sywitt
I bought the india lite, and sent in my order for the full thing the day they were bought by Apple. I wish I had full disk set. Grrrrr.

Did you ever get it or did they cancel the order?

sywitt
12-26-2003, 11:22 AM
I do have the light version but never recieved the full version. The order died in the processing.

Sy

Demon8
12-26-2003, 02:07 PM
I bought the full version about a month ago from www.amitrace.com. I'm looking for Sywitt to tell me how to convert it into a format that I can use in VT3, right out of India Pro. Thanks for the tip Sywitt, but if possible can you tell me the process? Thanks again in advance.

Paul Lara
12-26-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Demon8
I'm looking for Sy to tell me how to convert it into a format that I can use in VT3, right out of India Pro.

The answer has already been given.
Since VT-Edit cannot read QuickTime files, and since India Pro creates only QuickTime files, you must load the videos into Aura, and convert them to RTV + alpha.

Demon8
12-26-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by sywitt
After making the QT, there's a convert option up in tools? (I think) in India which will convert the animation to an uncompressed AVI. Now that VT3 recognizes avi alpha's, we've been using those files right from India.

I wish there was still an upgrade path ;( I bought the india lite, and sent in my order for the full thing the day they were bought by Apple. I wish I had full disk set. Grrrrr.

Sy Witt

Paul, This is why I asked that last question.

ScorpioProd
12-26-2003, 11:12 PM
Well, Paul isn't entirely correct.

India Pro CG must create a QT first, since that is its native format.

BUT, it can then convert that to AVI+alpha, which the VT[3] can use.

Personally, I do use Aura to convert it to RTV+alpha instead, since I prefer them to AVI+alpha, but that's just me. Though with preload deselected, I think it might be a bit faster than the export to AVI that India Pro can do.

Paul Lara
12-27-2003, 11:01 AM
Ah, thanks for the correction. :)

Demon8
12-27-2003, 02:28 PM
Thank all of you for the Insite.

sywitt
12-29-2003, 09:29 AM
What Eugene said!!! Thanks for the lead on getting the full version.

Sy Witt

bradl
12-29-2003, 03:20 PM
A quick side note about India. I met the original creators of India Pro at NAB. They both now work for Apple on the new incarnation of India, Live Type. One of them, Mary Massey, was very nice, and excited to meet someone who had bought the original version. They only sold about 600 of them if I remember right.

Some of the history she gave us, was they were working very hard on V.2 when Apple bought them. They were literally about two weeks from release. The engineer they had hired began dragging his feet and in the end would not cooperate with them to get it out on time, and she felt like it was because he had knowledge of the upcoming buyout and felt his time would be wasted.

So somewhere on someones hard-drive is a fully functioning Version 2 for Windows that will never see the light of day. Shame, as the product had real potential even despite the quirky interface of V.1. She told us what you see with the current Live Type is close to what they were working on, only Apple-ized.

ScorpioProd
12-29-2003, 09:19 PM
Makes me ponder an FCP 4 system...

ArthurDent
12-31-2003, 11:19 AM
Mary was very nice at NAB and we had a good discussion. (*I was there with Brad).

I'm just glad we bought as many sets as we did before they closed up shop.

BTW, they were offering India Users a free version of FCP4. Did anybody get in on this offer?

Since it's rerelease as LiveType, I think I am seeing it used a lot more.

AD

ScorpioProd
12-31-2003, 11:46 AM
They screwed over PC users of India Pro and did NOT give the free FCP 4 to them.

Note that India Pro will get screwed when you upgrade newer than QT 5, so don't count on having a bunch of copies of it helping you then.

ArthurDent
12-31-2003, 12:26 PM
Ouch!!

Sorry, Eugene, but I meant that we purchased extra sets of DV fonts not copies of the software.

Thanks for the info on QT5

ScorpioProd
12-31-2003, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I got a little scared when I just got the Digital Juice Wedding Editor's Toolkit and the Juicer 2 that comes with it said that QT6 is required!

Luckily, it seems to be working fine with QT5.

bradl
01-02-2004, 03:06 AM
Eugene, what exactly happens to IndiaPro? Completely dies? Is there anybody looking at a hack or fix for this?

Wonder if you could install QT 5 and 6 simultaneously, or the 5 exe associated to India Saver?

Otherwise, it looks like the death of IndiaPro is knocking at the door... maybe we could call Mary and she what she thinks...

ScorpioProd
01-02-2004, 02:18 PM
I don't know, I've never personally tried it, but I've heard on other boards that it doesn't work with QT6.

pgrimpo
01-07-2004, 11:16 PM
I did take the upgrade deal and got FCP4 for $50. Don't have a Mac, but I have some nice software sitting on my desk :)

-Grimps

sywitt
01-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Hmmm... I sent the paperwork in to Apple but never heard another word.

ScorpioProd
01-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Honestly, I would have been quite happy to have had Apple give me FCP 4 for $50... I would have even bought an Apple to put it in... (A lot of my friends have FCP up here.)

But Apple screwed me, they CLAIMED the upgrade was ONLY for Mac users, but people on these boards with the PC version got it to, so Apple lost me as a potential customer forever!

SBowie
01-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Sy, Eugene - not that I'm encouraging you to jump ship or anything, but -- before burning that bridge -- if you still have the documentation why not try taking it through Apple's Customer Service with a big smile on your face ... you might just wind up talking to someone with a different view of things.

ScorpioProd
01-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Well, it was Apple Customer Service that I talked to at the time back in the Spring... They had a special number for issues regarding the India Pro customers...

As for documentation... Unfortunately Prismo graphics didn't provide "real" invoices... And the registration was by post card... So, there's not really much that can be done.