PDA

View Full Version : vRoom plugin

adrian
09-27-2017, 06:47 AM
Hi does anyone know if this plugin is still available? I've downloaded the files from the website and installed it. The instructions say to try the demo when running LW in discovery mode, ie without the dongle. However as I'm using LW11.6.3 I'm not sure how to use LW without my dongle because it doesn't use my dongle anymore!

I'm assuming this is why the demo is not working at all, ie whenever I try to plug anything in inside the node it just asks for image library location, which I have to continually set each time it asks as I do not have the "advanced" tab as shown in the videos on the official site. I set up my image library exactly as described in the videos and am trying to point the plugin to that location.

I'm asking here because over the past 3 weeks I have sent two emails to the plugin creator, one asking how much it costs to buy and one with my registration details so that I can buy it (I figure it looks so good and so useful that I'm happy just to buy it on the assumption it will work once it's unlocked) but have had no reply both times. Looks like their Facebook page hasn't been updated since 2014 so I'm wondering if this is now discontinued?

Oldcode
09-27-2017, 08:33 AM
Good Luck,

I've got the same problem with the Hyperstars and the Hyperspace plugins. They work wonders, but they have long since been abandoned and the guy who created them has disappeared. They will only work up to LW 9x.

lardbros
09-27-2017, 08:42 AM
I think Luke has been too busy with actual work to update it unfortunately and I don't think he has time to do anything with it. :(
I wouldn't want to speak for him... but I'm not sure it's supported any longer really, LW users aren't that great at stumping up cash for plugins, so not sure he made that much dosh.

Wickedpup
09-27-2017, 09:06 AM
.......so I'm wondering if this is now discontinued?
I read on Lightwiki FB about a month ago that he had decided to stop development of vRoom....so yes.

adrian
09-27-2017, 09:42 AM
That's a real shame, I'd have been happy to pay for it right now. Pity I never needed it when it was supported. Oh well :-( Other than Google, anyone know any good sources of interior office images so that I can do this manually?