PDA

View Full Version : Still a huge fan of LW, but ...

DrStrik9
09-25-2017, 01:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6dk9gyoek&t=446s

Very nice.

hrgiger
09-25-2017, 02:22 PM
Eevee looks nice and will be a good addition to Blender. Don't really care that much about it, already have something similar with Modo's advanced Viewport with Unity and Unreal shading. I'm more interested in them finally putting some damn workspaces in Blender 2.8. Maybe the UI won't be such trash then.

Ernest
09-25-2017, 09:35 PM
I wonder what are the chances that it will get ported to LW, even just as an offline renderer, it being open source and all.

Maybe the UI won't be such trash then.
The UI is not really trash. It's just that it's set up with default settings that are designed specifically to make you think it is trash, to cripple you, frustrate you, and make you miserable for no good reason. After 4 hours of hammering the thing with clicks and Python bits from around the net, it becomes quite usable. Still a bit clunky in a few places, true, but quite usable. I don't think workspaces will make those default setting less frustrating, though.

samurai_x
09-26-2017, 01:09 AM
Modo shadertree = blender ui.

50one
09-26-2017, 01:30 AM
You talk rubbish Mr. It's very much like PS layers and very easy to use. Love the renders output per materials and even shading setting per materials.

hrgiger
09-26-2017, 01:36 AM
You talk rubbish Mr. It's very much like PS layers and very easy to use. Love the renders output per materials and even shading setting per materials.

Pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what are the chances that it will get ported to LW, even just as an offline renderer, it being open source and all.

Personally I'm just wondering what the chances are anymore of LW being released.

erikals
09-26-2017, 03:15 AM
very soon... ... ... http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/old.gif

Surrealist.
09-26-2017, 03:20 AM
Really looking forward to that viewport as well. Been using Blender more and more lately. Really liking the new features in 2.79.

It has got a lot of great new features across the board. Rigging, Animation and Rendering. Really a leap forward.

2.8 is a little too early to tell. But the new viewport is looking outstanding. Absolutely a boon for production work in Blender as previs for Cycles rendering or export to game. That with compositing and a good use of both render solutions could be a huge time saver.

It really does make a difference to be able to look at your models when you are setting them up for export or even better if you will use the same shading for render in Cycles. A texturing app is only half the battle.

THIBAULT
09-26-2017, 03:40 AM
Pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I'm just wondering what the chances are anymore of LW being released.

Yes, same here !

samurai_x
09-26-2017, 07:05 AM

Nah. its a nightmare with huge, complex scenes with a lot of dependencies. If somebody hands you a complex scene good luck dissecting it for hours just to understand what the hell that person did. Maya, max, lightwave have better scene management imo.
If you just model stuff and do viz work or video for YT then modo is fine.