PDA

View Full Version : NDI over Wifi

Yogesh
09-25-2017, 07:33 AM
Hey,

I am interested in a 3rd party NDI capable camera that transmits over wifi, specifically wireless-N. It is a 4k 30fps camera. If i have 3 of these cameras on the same wifi router sending data to my desktop for live streaming will a single wireless-N router be able to handle 3 NDI streams.

SBowie
09-25-2017, 08:29 AM
I'm not aware of a 4k/30p camera on the market with direct NDI output at this time. I'm also not 100% sure there are NDI adapters that handle 4k just yet, either - perhaps someone else will know.

(Edit: I guess NDI Connect Pro can handle 4k, but I don't think this is what you're after.)

Yogesh
09-25-2017, 10:46 AM
Hey Steve,

I am referring to this product. Its website says It will be released in October. I wanted to use 3 of them but i dont think wifi will be able to handle three at a time. So i just wanted to check with you guys.

Yogesh
09-25-2017, 11:01 AM
This is the product that i was referring too http://vyoocam.com. It should be released around October. So, using 3 of them at the same time might stress a wireless-n network.

kanep
09-25-2017, 11:11 AM
Hey,

I am interested in a 3rd party NDI capable camera that transmits over wifi, specifically wireless-N. It is a 4k 30fps camera. If i have 3 of these cameras on the same wifi router sending data to my desktop for live streaming will a single wireless-N router be able to handle 3 NDI streams.

I'm going to just say it, this is not a realistic solution.

There aren't any 4K/UHD NDI cameras available on the market right now. Even when that happens, you would expect that data rate for NDI would be around 200mbit/s per UHD30p source. It is very difficult to get 1080 NDI on a WiFi network, going double that per stream (then trying to get 3 streams on top of that) is not going to work, let alone that the plan is to use Wireless-N (and I wouldn't expect that Wireless-AC will make much of a difference).

You need to be looking at wired Ethernet being part of this solution.

SBowie
09-25-2017, 12:15 PM
This all said, it is a cool idea - maybe just a little ahead of the current tech curve. :)