09-20-2017, 12:56 AM
http://www.lwcad.com/forum/index.php?u=/topic/60/lwcad-lightwave-heads-up

samurai_x
09-20-2017, 03:05 AM
That's great!

TheLexx
09-20-2017, 03:18 AM
LWCAD Next ! :)

Our goal is to put all platforms into single installer, and synchronize release period and versioning.
This is almost done, only last thing remains is synchronize licensing.
I wonder how that works. Maybe some kind of sign-in, sign-out system ?

Marander
09-20-2017, 04:53 AM
LWCAD Next ! :)

I wonder how that works. Maybe some kind of sign-in, sign-out system ?

It's an online activation system, you can node-lock your LWCAD license. If you change to another machine you have to release the license in the activation tool and re-activate.

TheLexx
09-20-2017, 05:11 AM
Many thanks Marander. I did fire off a quick email to Viktor and seem to have caught him at the right moment for a quick reply:-
"Of course, new license system will allows you to lock unlock on multiple computers automatically".

gar26lw
09-20-2017, 07:19 AM
It's an online activation system, you can node-lock your LWCAD license. If you change to another machine you have to release the license in the activation tool and re-activate.

Oh great :/

Marander
09-20-2017, 08:14 AM
Oh great :/

It works fine so far, once activated it runs offline.

However I'm not fan of online activations, specially from smaller companies (and Autodesk LOL). I would suggest to grab a LWCAD 5.2 copy as long it's still with the LW licensing system.

mirokovac
09-20-2017, 09:55 AM
Hello,
I'm Viktors co-worker Miro and LWCAD activation system is on my task list.

Current activation system we are using in LW may look simple but for many people it is not. We have received a lot of support e-mails with questions 'How do I activate LWCAD?'. That's the main reason we are switching to new activation system, it must be as simple as possible.

While it is true that now only online activation is possible some kind of offline activation alternative is also planed.

We think online activation is simple and pretty common these days, can you please explain what exactly you don't like about it?

THIBAULT
09-20-2017, 10:10 AM
Welcome Miro ! And thanks for your good works on C4D / 3DS Max LWCAD !
And LW too ...

Marander
09-20-2017, 10:15 AM
Hello,

Current activation system we are using in LW may look simple but for many people it is not. We have received a lot of support e-mails with questions 'How do I activate LWCAD?'. That's the main reason we are switching to new activation system, it must be as simple as possible.

While it is true that now only online activation is possible some kind of offline activation alternative is also planed.

We think online activation is simple and pretty common these days, can you please explain what exactly you don't like about it?

Hi Miro

First off, thanks for replying and I know you guys do a great job!

The reason why I don't like online activation (even offline activation that is bound to a node) is to be dependent on the developer in case of hardware changes or reinstall. And to fire up the software on any machine any time even without internet (I travel alot).

And I want to be able to run the software still in many years even if it is discontinued. (Not that I expect that from LWCAD, just in general).

Cheers, Michael

TheLexx
09-20-2017, 10:27 AM
Thank you for posting Miro. Is LWCAD at this time available to purchase still with a LW licensing system ?

Wireframex
09-20-2017, 12:00 PM
That's great :)

Nicolas Jordan
09-20-2017, 01:23 PM
Very good to see LWCAD have ports to C4D and Max. I still would have thought a Modo port would make sense too but maybe the Arch Viz market in Modo land isn't very big.

gar26lw
09-20-2017, 03:18 PM
It works fine so far, once activated it runs offline.

However I'm not fan of online activations, specially from smaller companies (and Autodesk LOL). I would suggest to grab a LWCAD 5.2 copy as long it's still with the LW licensing system.

Already own it. Like you say, not a fan of the online stuff. It's a pain with zbrush, with autodesk stuff and with adobe.
Had a lot of problems when the activation is on a pc and then that pic dies. You can't deactivate and then there is the hassle of trying to get things sorted from their end.

I also agree with the points mentioned before.

GraphXs
09-20-2017, 03:40 PM
great news! Woot!

TheLexx
09-20-2017, 03:42 PM
For anyone using LWCAD with Lightwave as opposed to LWCAD Lite with Cinema 4D, please what is the meaning/function of the LWCAD hardware number which differs from the serial number ? Is it to do with the machine hardware ?

Ma3rk
09-20-2017, 08:25 PM
For anyone using LWCAD with Lightwave as opposed to LWCAD Lite with Cinema 4D, please what is the meaning/function of the LWCAD hardware number which differs from the serial number ? Is it to do with the machine hardware ?

Ya, it's the hardware dongle that Lightwave itself doesn't require, but some 3rd party plug-ins still do. Been some time since I registered LWCad, but I don't think that's a number you enter, just the serial & key.

calilifestyle
09-20-2017, 11:24 PM
Hello,

Oh man i would hate to have this. I like what you have now. If i'm at home i can work with LWcad. If i have to deactivate to do a few things on a different pc . that would really make my life a pain.

wingzeta
09-20-2017, 11:47 PM
Oh man i would hate to have this. I like what you have now. If i'm at home i can work with LWcad. If i have to deactivate to do a few things on a different pc . that would really make my life a pain.

I agree, the current system is very easy, and I don't like the idea of not being able to use the tool if the situation comes up, where I have to switch machines, and am on the road or whatever.

mirokovac
09-21-2017, 12:05 AM

Our activation system is a bit different to those used by big corporations. You can lock LWCAD license on one computer and unlock it on other computer without problems. License is checked only if computer is online and successful connection with our server is made, so once LWCAD is activated and there is no internet connection or some error occurs it remains activated.

gar26lw
09-21-2017, 05:01 AM
Our activation system is a bit different to those used by big corporations. You can lock LWCAD license on one computer and unlock it on other computer without problems. License is checked only if computer is online and successful connection with our server is made, so once LWCAD is activated and there is no internet connection or some error occurs it remains activated.

Hmm, these days computers are always online, for the most part.

I love the product, I love the support even more and I cannot speak highly enough of the developers but it would be nice to have the old system in place if desired and the user didn't find it too difficult. TBH, if you are having trouble with the lic system, I'm surprised you can use lw cad :-p

Anyway, thanks for listening and keep up the outstanding work. It very much appreciated and acknowledged with the wallet ;)

willin
09-23-2017, 11:22 PM
Already own it. Like you say, not a fan of the online stuff. It's a pain with zbrush, with autodesk stuff and with adobe.
Had a lot of problems when the activation is on a pc and then that pic dies. You can't deactivate and then there is the hassle of trying to get things sorted from their end.

I also agree with the points mentioned before.

I agree. I have passed on some software in favor of other lesser software just because of their activation methods. If they go under and your machine crashes its goodbye software. If your machine crashes while your software its activate it becomes a hassle. I see no point in changing something that has worked for many years.

samurai_x
09-23-2017, 11:31 PM
Online activation the way 3dcoat does it is the best.
Activate on as many computers as you want. But you can only open one instance of 3dcoat or else it will open in demo mode.