PDA

View Full Version : Longstanding Scene Editor Gripe on Mac, Anyone have a solution?

raw-m
09-18-2017, 03:13 AM
This has annoyed me for far too long....

The Scene Editor - I have it open.
I quit Layout.
I restart Layout.
Everything is where I left it except the Scene Editor - nowhere to be seen so I have to manually open it up. This is starting to really get on my nerves, especially when opening scene after scene.

Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing where the Scene Editor behaves like all the other palettes and opens where I left it automatically? I don't think PC users have this issue, is it just Mac?

Ztreem
09-18-2017, 05:01 AM
This has annoyed me for far too long....

The Scene Editor - I have it open.
I quit Layout.
I restart Layout.
Everything is where I left it except the Scene Editor - nowhere to be seen so I have to manually open it up. This is starting to really get on my nerves, especially when opening scene after scene.

Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing where the Scene Editor behaves like all the other palettes and opens where I left it automatically? I don't think PC users have this issue, is it just Mac?

Same problem on PC. Old scene editor works but not the new one. Seems like a bug.

edit: The new scene editor remember its place but it doesn't open at restart. ctrl+f1 open it up in no time. (still annoying)

Marander
09-18-2017, 06:02 AM
I used to have the opposite, every time I load LW there's an additional Scene Editor loaded until it opened about 50 scene editors when starting LW. Very annoying.

I figured out that it loads it in the Master Plugins list. Took me quite a while to find it back then.

Maybe you have to ADD it to the Master Plugins for it to load automatically.

jwiede
09-25-2017, 02:08 AM
You need to create a default scene which includes the (new) scene editor already installed in the master plugins list, and save it in the proper default scene location. If you search for "default scene" in the forums, you should be able to find the filename and location needed.

Maybe someone else who's reading this knows and can provide that info? I don't recall off the top of my head, sorry.

gerry_g
09-29-2017, 06:12 AM
there is a better bug in the new scene editor (dope Sheet) – if you up/down arrow tap through your cameras, objects whatever the order used is the non alphabetical one from the old scene editor not the alphabetised one from the new scene editor (dope sheet), doh!

Ztreem
09-29-2017, 07:44 AM
there is a better bug in the new scene editor (dope Sheet) if you up/down arrow tap through your cameras, objects whatever the order used is the non alphabetical one from the old scene editor not the alphabetised one from the new scene editor (dope sheet), doh!

I've actually learned that its not a bug its a feature. You have to change the order of sorting to item sequence instead of item name, then it works as expected.