PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of UI....

jeric_synergy
09-17-2017, 01:33 PM
Couldn't remember which hyper-repetitive thread had drifted into UI matters, so I'm starting a new one, sparked by this article, which is a larf:

https://uxdesign.cc/the-worst-volume-control-ui-in-the-world-60713dc86950

#2 made me LOL. :ohmy:

BTW, I rather like LW's "minislider", which is HANDS DOWN superior to the gahhdaahm Adobe slider (wtf Adobe? that thing suuuuuuucks), although Blender's "just drag in the field, man" beats everything for transparency.

gamedesign1
09-17-2017, 07:48 PM
Lol

kyuzo
09-18-2017, 05:29 AM
That's great. I'm sure some of those programmers are working for the company that produces our main software...

tischbein3
09-18-2017, 09:27 AM
although Blender's "just drag in the field, man" beats everything for transparency.

Until you need a very small value like 0.00001 wich gets rounded in the display, or you want to increase above 100% where you allways
need to type in values....

jeric_synergy
09-18-2017, 04:14 PM
I'd say that's a different problem , a display problem.

There's several very short text fields in LW/LWM, but I'm not aware of numeric display fields that have that kind of issue, or maybe the values ACTUALLY get truncated. Pour moi, it's the short text fields that annoy, esp since TMK there's no established way to indicate "there's more to the right here" in any of the fields.

FWIW, for UI discussion: in C4D you can click OR drag on the arrows in numeric fields to adjust, and ALT+drag does it in tenths, SHIFT+drag does it in tens. Some C4D sliders limit you to 100%, and to get a percentage (value?) higher you must use keyboard or mouse the arrows.

There might be similar bucky-key stuff for Blender, but probably not in the 1/100,000th range. :tsktsk::rolleyes: