PDA

View Full Version : exposion pack freebie

vonpietro
09-17-2017, 10:59 AM
found another freebie -

THese are free for commercial and personal use - so both!!

explosions - video and sfx

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/free-explosion-sfx-vfx-elements/

Hope someone finds a good use for it all!

also free trailer sound effects pack
https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/epic-free-sound-effects-for-film-video-trailers/

but wait
theres more

hud motion graphics as well -
https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/free-sci-fi-hud-computer-sfx/

also 15 ambient sound effects!!
https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/free-ambient-background-tracks/

very generous - many thanks to "the beat"

JohnMarchant
09-17-2017, 11:33 AM
Nice catch my friend.

prometheus
09-17-2017, 02:36 PM
nice find..
Weird though, trying to import mov to davinci resolve(free version) it doesnīt recognise it as a video channel, though it is, works to play in quicktime, and importing to fusion (free version and adding a lumakeyer and set channel to alpha makes it easy to overlay with backdrop images or videos...that is if you have set up backdrop and foreground with a mix of the composite merge node first.

vonpietro
09-17-2017, 02:57 PM
one of the problems with davinici is that its import options are very limited - probably due to licensing of all the different kinds of imports.

At some point i have to figure out what it likes and convert clips to that just so it will work.

i have premiere elements and that thing will import just about anything... davinici - almost nothing but avi clips. My mp3's and wma files wont even show in the import menu. wav files are the only sound i can get it to import which means a trip to audacity for conversion to wav. What i'd like to see resolve do in any updates is to add mps and mpg import capability. Without it - it's a headache to have to convert all footage into something resolve can see.

since it works with fusion- i'd do any compositing in fusion and then output using fusion saver to something resolve can see. Should be something in fusion that does that.

prometheus
09-17-2017, 03:02 PM
one of the problems with davinici is that its import options are very limited - probably due to licensing of all the different kinds of imports.

At some point i have to figure out what it likes and convert clips to that just so it will work.

i have premiere elements and that thing will import just about anything... davinici - almost nothing but avi clips. My mp3's and wma files wont even show in the import menu. wav files are the only sound i can get it to import which means a trip to audacity for conversion to wav. What i'd like to see resolve do in any updates is to add mps and mpg import capability. Without it - it's a headache to have to convert all footage into something resolve can see.

since it works with fusion- i'd do any compositing in fusion and then output using fusion saver to something resolve can see. Should be something in fusion that does that.

I thought davinci imported most stuff nicely, until now, usually I can take any youtube download and drag it in there to davince resolve, working like a charm, but not these ones.
I may suspect it could actually be a limit of video resolution for davinci resolve, not necessarely a format/codec issue.

vonpietro
09-17-2017, 04:49 PM
TIME TO check the manual and see if they wrote what it will and wont import.

I've got a lot of video clips, and almost all of them wont import into resolve.

m.d.
09-17-2017, 06:02 PM
I thought davinci imported most stuff nicely, until now, usually I can take any youtube download and drag it in there to davince resolve, working like a charm, but not these ones.
I may suspect it could actually be a limit of video resolution for davinci resolve, not necessarely a format/codec issue.

definitely codec

its quicktime PNG, not commonly used by any stretch.....never actually seen it in production

there is an embedded alpha channel, so no need for luma key unless you are liking the results better.

Fusion uses quicktime to decode MOV...where davinci has a custom MOV decode application (as does adobe), so davinci likely never counted on anyone actually using PNG video.

Fusion 9 outputs prores....even on windows...so recode this garbage to a PRORes 4444 and you'll have this in davinci with embedded alpha

vonpietro
09-17-2017, 07:04 PM
hmm, loaded one of the explosions just fine into fusion 8 - but fusion 9 doesn't know what to do with it.
anyone else?

m.d.
09-17-2017, 07:37 PM
hmm, loaded one of the explosions just fine into fusion 8 - but fusion 9 doesn't know what to do with it.
anyone else?

dont have it on this system just 8....other option is image sequence from 8 or go to gopro and grab the free cineform codec and output that (via mov) from fusion...installs with the gopro software
https://shop.gopro.com/International/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html

or go to avid and grab the dnxhd decoders

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/Avid-QuickTime-Codecs-LE

also should be part of the mov output module

they do have alpha support....whether fusion will write it is another matter

prometheus
09-18-2017, 11:26 AM
there is an embedded alpha channel, so no need for luma key unless you are liking the results better.

correct, though by default the merge node is set to a value of 1 in additive, that yields white surroundings in the clip that isnīt desired, so ofcourse instead of adding lumakeyer, you could set that to 0 instead and it should be ok.
Thanks for the heads up.

Ma3rk
09-18-2017, 08:45 PM
Oooo! Free explosions. And impossible to have too many.

Downloading now but will check if any import issues so thanx for the heads up.

Those pesky codecs. Came across a DPX export bug with Mocha last week so waiting for that to get resolved. It's always something.

jeric_synergy
09-18-2017, 09:10 PM
found another freebie -

THese are free for commercial and personal use - so both!!

So, staring a gift horse in the mouth: What's the catch??? :stumped:

Ma3rk
09-18-2017, 10:43 PM
I'm sure it's to promote the site & it's services & products.

The files are HD rez, very high quality, have transparency (hence the png Quicktime), and very nicely complement the Action Essentials 2K from Video CoPilot.

kyuzo
09-19-2017, 03:48 AM
Oooo! Free explosions. And impossible to have too many.

Oh, I don't know.. the original Battlestar Galactica series managed an entire season with only two or three different explosions...
;)

prometheus
09-19-2017, 01:18 PM
Oh, I don't know.. the original Battlestar Galactica series managed an entire season with only two or three different explosions...
;)

There are more seasons...which means more footage for the others as well.
One really can not say for sure what kind of truth they are telling, in this vfx breakdown, they initially say at 1:47 (full 3d shot) but later describing it as being a mix..2:36 they say itīs a combination of practical elements, but itīs the 3d particles that sells the shot...doesnīt add up really...or do I misinterprete it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aOyb4okufo

kyuzo
09-19-2017, 04:01 PM
There are more seasons...

No, no.... the ORIGINAL series. The 1978 one. :)
They worked wonders with a limited library of FX shots...