PDA

View Full Version : content clean up?

Verlon
09-16-2017, 02:29 PM
Has anyone ever tried cleaning up the content with Lightwave? Maybe it is on me for just keeping the same directory for a while, but things are kind of messy in there.

1. Default shapes saved as objects. These are probably used for examples/training, but there is a folder for that. Maybe move all that content over to training or tutorials directory.
2. Old content. Yes, we used to have 6 poly human faces. We aren't proud of this.
3. Empty directories. In vehicles, there is a directory called trains. There are no trains there. There isn't anything.
4. You put it where? In Urban, there is a directory for Railroad. There are trains there.
5. Proton: Yeah, we all love William, but how many models of him do we need?
6. Organize: A bunch of characters and objects aren't in any folder, could go in one of the content directories.

I recognize that hard drive space is cheap. SSD space isn't unbearable. Time is valuable. Content is useless if you cannot find it because it is not well organized or buried beneath mountains of useless (at the time) other stuff.

djwaterman
09-16-2017, 05:39 PM
It's just demo content, you can entirely dump it if it bothers you, I don't even download the content directory.