PDA

View Full Version : Modeling and Daz3d

grafxstudio
09-08-2017, 03:20 PM
I've looked and what I have found is getting Daz3d models into Lightwave but what if you want to place one into Daz. Do you have to subdivide or metaform? What are the steps you have to take. I'm trying to make a rooftop so my Batman character can over look Gotham. And I wanted to show a Batsign. Should I do this in LW or transfer it to Daz?

Marander
09-08-2017, 04:14 PM
I've looked and what I have found is getting Daz3d models into Lightwave but what if you want to place one into Daz. Do you have to subdivide or metaform? What are the steps you have to take. I'm trying to make a rooftop so my Batman character can over look Gotham. And I wanted to show a Batsign. Should I do this in LW or transfer it to Daz?

I export a lot of DAZ characters via FBX. The exported meshes are base topology withouth subd, so in LW simply apply SubD (the meshes are perfect ready for this). Then you can add the Batsign in Modeler and render in LW or DAZ. In LW you can modify the mesh and textures as you like and render in your environment, so you have more flexibility than in DAZ. The DAZ iRay renderer on the other hand has much better quality by default.