PDA

View Full Version : d2 Conference in Vienna

Niko3D
09-06-2017, 11:33 AM
Hi to all!

I wanted just to share with you the ONLY LW users that we were at d2 Conference in Vienna.
Me, Pavlov, Martina and Victor (LwCad). In total I think there were 200/300 people.

It was very interesting Conference and lectures. Of course the main were the big announcement from ChaosG/Corona Team and the CG Awards.
Anyway...I hope to see some of you next year!;)...We make our voices heard!

PS. in the back right you can see Jeff Mottle of Cg Architect.

Nico137842

PeT
09-10-2017, 04:46 AM
greetings from the german neighbourhood .. PeT

djwaterman
09-10-2017, 07:43 AM
Good looking crew.

Farhad_azer
09-12-2017, 10:24 AM
You are our heros. 2 guys going to CG arena with 300 users of other softs is not any different than jumping to pools filled with crocodiles.
Oops bad joke. No offence to others.

Did you feel any pressure that you are from lesser known community?

Niko3D
09-13-2017, 03:56 AM
Ahahahah...To be honest no pressure. But it's not very nice to feel yourself "out" from the group...and the market. Some people when you start to talk and you say "I'm LW user"...the answer is always: LightWa...what?ect...or they say "Ah!ehmmmm..."...Same story.
But I found very weird how a lot of people hate Max, and they use it only because unfortunately (for us) is the standard. They use it only for VRay/Corona, but if they have one different choice probably most of them would change.
Also guys...as Diego (very polite and friendly guy) from Anima, said that he loves LW, but of course they need to see the market. Maybe in the future, I hope soon, they will make the plug for LW...but in any case until the market is this one they can't...there are too much outgoings for to create something that maybe in the end you sell only 4 license.

In any case it was one interesting conference, nice people and fun (a lot of beer and BBQ).
However in this kind of events you can see really how the market is...we are chatting here about everything in LW (displacements, node, plugins ect...), we are a great community, but there, you understand that we are nothing in the market. This is why I hope next year we can can create a big group of LW user!Not just in 3...plus Victor (LWCAD).
Except that, it is a awesome conference so it's important to show the our voice!!!!;)...Sure it doesn't change a lot...but we can help the our community and LW to grow.

So...I hope to see you next year guys!!!

Pavlov
09-15-2017, 03:24 AM
yeah, it's an awesome event, i think more Lw users should append there.... you meet anyone on the market and you share a huge ton of info in two days. Fun and culture !
Beside this, yes: when u say "i use Lw", reactions range from "what ?" to "LW ?... ooohhhh nonononono... WHY ?". That's our destiny, at least for now :/

Paolo

W-Tools
09-16-2017, 09:02 AM
Yes, it is very good event!
Specially for people who are doing ArchViz CGI professionally.
For me it was like finding a lake full of fishes :)
Next year we are planning to make presentation there.

One more time I have to thank you Paolo for inviting me there.
It was very nice to see you and Martina in person after those years of online communication :)
And Niko, looking forward next year to meet you again ;)

Viktor,
WTools3D

Niko3D
09-18-2017, 04:16 AM
Thank you Victor, for sure!
It would be GREAT if you can show LW and LWCAD next year!!!Fingers crossed.

Nico

Niko3D
09-18-2017, 04:44 AM
http://vienna.d2conferences.com/2017-photos/