PDA

View Full Version : OT: Please show your support

colkai
12-20-2003, 08:43 AM
I have just had some very shocking news.
A very close friend of mine died this morning, whilst away doing a display for the Wildlife Centre he ran.
I can only imagine the pain his family are going through and how they are going to manage the wildlife centre now he has died as there is so much to do and so much money to try and bring in.
He ran various functions to provide support for the centre and overnight, like him, they have been wiped away.

Can I ask that anyone who knows me, or knows of me, please consider donating whatever they can to the charity in Memorium of Robert Smith.

The centre website is: http://www.gentleshawwildlife.co.uk/allframe.htm and there is a donations page.

Both my wife and I are devastated, we had only seen him two days ago and had planned a spanking Xmas together.
His poor daughter still has to handle the centre and feed the animals before she can even think of going home to comfort her mother, what they will do now I cannot imagine.
He was only 50 and spent his life in the pursuit of caring for sick and injured animals and yet we have murders and child molesters getting sympathy from the limp-wristed 'humanitarians', there really is no balance to the world.

If you love animals, please show your support, I apologise for raining on the XMas spirit but right now, well, I frankly can't get my head around the fact I'll never see him again.

-Colkai

hrgiger
12-20-2003, 10:16 AM
My sympathies Colkai.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Hiraghm
12-20-2003, 11:37 AM
My sympathies, also. A terrible tragedy for a family any time, but at this time of year ever so much worse :(

DigiLusionist
12-20-2003, 08:04 PM
Colkai, I'm saddened by this loss. I can't imagine how his family must be feeling. I will do what I can.

Beamtracer
12-20-2003, 08:46 PM
Very sad.

Originally posted by colkai
we have murders and child molesters getting sympathy from the limp-wristed 'humanitarians'
I don't think "limp-wristed" or "humanitarians" are good words to describe supporters of child abuse.

siproductions
12-20-2003, 10:29 PM
I'm sorry man. I know that words don't really get the things we want to say across. I lost my brother, so I kind of know how you feel. I know that doesn't really mean much to you, but I thought maybe it would help to know that your not alone. My prayers go out to you and your friend's family. I only wish that I had money to help out.:(

colkai
12-21-2003, 02:47 AM
Thanks folks,
I just can't accept it, it's too unreal, only a couple of days ago we were planning what to do over Xmas.
I'd just finished doing a CD of backing tracks for him when I got the call from his daughter.

The worse thing is, his duties for the centre meant he spends most weekends away from home, so he wouldn't be there, it makes it very hard for the family. I am still in a state of shock, didn't sleep so good, I can't even begin to imagine how his family are feeling.

He was all fired up for a good Xmas, it looked like the centre may actually break even next year, now, well, I don't know what will happen.

I keep telling myself life must go on, but I just...well..I dunno - I can't think straight.
It just isn't fair, 3 days before Xmas, what sort of a cruel joke is that? :(

colkai
12-21-2003, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Beamtracer

I don't think "limp-wristed" or "humanitarians" are good words to describe supporters of child abuse.

Sorry, but I'm a little emotional and angry right now.

It's not so much that they support them, rather they think they should be treated 'fairly'. At the moment, anyone who takes a life has very little need for sympathy in my book. You know "oh, but they have family too" etc...

Killers get a new identity and a new home to protect them from retribution, good folks are taken before their time - why? :(

T-Light
12-21-2003, 08:36 AM
Very sorry Colkai :(

CB_3D
12-21-2003, 12:25 PM
Life isnīt fair.

I know what it means to loose family from one moment to the other, very traumatizing and sad.

My sympathies.

js33
12-21-2003, 12:32 PM
Colkai,

So sorry to hear about your friend. I have lost a cousin and two close friends over the last few years so I know how you feel.

My sympathies go out to you and your friends family.

JS

colkai
12-24-2003, 02:20 AM
Want to thank everyone who has expressed their sympathies.
We have talked to Roberts widow and hope to see her in the next few days.
He is "back home" now (it happened 150 miles from home).
Not the most cheery of Xmas breaks, but they are 'good life' people and we will move on in his memory to try and preserve what he fought so hard for.

By way of a 'thank-you' Xmas pressie for Wavers, I've uploaded a scene/model file for folks to enjoy at: http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15524

Thank you all again, I will pass on all your kind wishes to Lesley and family.