PDA

View Full Version : lil' archviz pic

ingo
12-20-2003, 06:47 AM
Hi mates,

long time no picture, so here is one of three pictures i have done lately for an idea-competition, more graphical than photoreal like the client wants.

RAZ
12-20-2003, 05:15 PM
Hey great, nice little demonstration model. I'd add some simple panel lines to the glazing to define them a little better as the side pod in particular is a little confused by the reflection and an image like this should really be very clear and readable by the viewer. Otherwise a fun sketch model.

riki
12-21-2003, 05:01 AM
really nice work, great to see.

zander
12-21-2003, 11:00 AM
Nice job. It looks really cool. The only comment that I have is, I would hate to have to use that doorway/stairway leading to the roof. One step too far and...

ingo
12-21-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by zander
Nice job. It looks really cool. The only comment that I have is, I would hate to have to use that doorway/stairway leading to the roof. One step too far and...

No risk, no fun ;)

Thanks for the comments. The rendering should be as simple as possible, so the client can explain it to their clients as wideranged as possible. Thats why the glass is only one piece and has no frame to hold it.

veljko
12-22-2003, 12:15 AM
Cool image!

did u use radiosity?

The shadows imho are a bit to sharp, strong and gray.
I think some lighter, bluish and softer shadows would really improve the image.

maby you should think about it..

ingo
12-22-2003, 02:30 AM
Hi Veljko, thanks for your comments. No raydiosity used, just area lights. I used a white sun for the surrounding buildings and at the same place a yellowish sun for the new planned building. The shadows were a bit more blue, but it looked less distracting with the gray shadows.

pblacklock
12-22-2003, 08:05 AM
hello ingo,

i would drop the lightning on the side of the building since the sun/main light comes from the west. it would also help us to see the details of the people inside.

later,
paul