PDA

View Full Version : Skelegon create menu missing

jaxtone
09-03-2017, 05:43 AM
Hi,

Today I was about to figure out how to make a dangling rope follow a balloon.

In modeler as I remember from last time I used the setup top menu to activate "create skelegon" it definitely was there.

But today, totally gone. Any ideas of where to find it or if there are better alternatives for my dangling rope who is supposed to follow either by dynamics or the bone procedure in Layout!

I run 11.6

Jack

MonroePoteet
09-03-2017, 08:16 AM
Yes, the default LW 11.6 menu layout should have Setup=>Skelegons=>Create Skelegons. If you haven't made a bunch of personalized menu modifications, you should be able to use the Edit=>Edit Menu Layout... pulldown to select either "Default" or "11.0 Style" menus and get that menu item back (IMPORTANT: as well as all other defaults, eliminating any personalized menu modifications you've made!).

If you've made menu modifications, you can add that item back in using Edit=>Edit Menu Layout... The actual plugin is named "Draw Skelegons", which you can find using the Search button, then expand the menu tree in the right-hand window to select Main Menu=>Setup=>Skelegons, press Add and rename it to "Create Skelegons".

For a trailing string / rope, you might be able to "fake it" using a Weight Map on the string as an Alpha channel Gradient on a Procedural Turbulence texture moving down the Y axis. Sample scene attached.

mTp

jaxtone
09-03-2017, 01:37 PM
Thanks MonroePoteet!

Iīll try that right on and get back if I still have questions if thatīs ok with you!

Yes, the default LW 11.6 menu layout should have Setup=>Skelegons=>Create Skelegons. If you haven't made a bunch of personalized menu modifications, you should be able to use the Edit=>Edit Menu Layout... pulldown to select either "Default" or "11.0 Style" menus and get that menu item back (IMPORTANT: as well as all other defaults, eliminating any personalized menu modifications you've made!).

If you've made menu modifications, you can add that item back in using Edit=>Edit Menu Layout... The actual plugin is named "Draw Skelegons", which you can find using the Search button, then expand the menu tree in the right-hand window to select Main Menu=>Setup=>Skelegons, press Add and rename it to "Create Skelegons".

For a trailing string / rope, you might be able to "fake it" using a Weight Map on the string as an Alpha channel Gradient on a Procedural Turbulence texture moving down the Y axis. Sample scene attached.

mTp