PDA

View Full Version : Lighwave 2015.3 weird poly selection issue

Gar
09-01-2017, 01:44 PM
Perhaps someone can help me out. I have lightwave 2015.3, on pc Windows 7 pro, 4K monitor...( please 4 k scaling soon )
I have a issue when i may a poly selection say the bottom half of a sphere, its only selecting a 1.4 of the sphere..sample below IMAGE 1

Next issue is Look at image 2 and three.
The back view of the sphere ( bottom left ) seems to move through a grid when moved front and back. Its never done this before..very odd.
Any suggestions please.

Thank you
Gary

jeric_synergy
09-01-2017, 03:09 PM
1) Lasso select will only select the visible polygons. IIRC, there's no option to select everything, "thru and thru". Selecting in Wireframe view WILL select everything, because you can see everything.

2) Are you talking about the Perspective viewport? That's just the regular grid. You can turn it off on a vuport by vuport basis, in the Display options ( "d" ). Check "Independent Visibility" to get vuport by vuport control.

djwaterman
09-01-2017, 04:40 PM
Usually you want all the flat views to be in wire-frame mode.

jeric_synergy
09-01-2017, 05:27 PM
Usually you want all the flat views to be in wire-frame mode.

Good idea.

For example, in C4D there is an option to "[_] Select Only Visible Elements", but I usually turn it off. By keeping ONLY the Perpective vuport in Solid mode, you can easily select anything in the Wireframe vuports, thru-and-thru.

Gar
09-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Thank you for the replies. For some reason my display view had changed to textured wire. Not wireframe. Couldn't figure out what was different...hadn't used the light wave in 4 months...and i forget everything..Yikes...back to it...
Thank you for help, all is good now.
Its a great forum and always quick answers here. Looking forward to new Lightwave...
Thanks again

Gary

jeric_synergy
09-02-2017, 12:23 AM
Hah, yeah, it doesn't help that the default Surface is pretty much the same color as the default background, LOL.

I was surprised how much I forgot, when I started learning another app, and attempted to go back to LWM.

BTW, it can be helpful to change the LWM background color anyway, just to avoid such problems.

Gar
09-02-2017, 01:25 PM
Hah, yeah, it doesn't help that the default Surface is pretty much the same color as the default background, LOL.

I was surprised how much I forgot, when I started learning another app, and attempted to go back to LWM.

BTW, it can be helpful to change the LWM background color anyway, just to avoid such problems.

So true, with head in so many different apps these days, it makes it hard to keep in touch with them all.
What do you change the BG color to? Light darker. I was thinking lighter like MODO has..seems to be a good combination.
I really hope a new lightwave is out soon just for INTERFACE scaling alone. Since i bought my 4K monitor i love it and all my other applications now scale fine. But not Lightwave..hopefully they have something by the end of the year.

Gary

jeric_synergy
09-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Usually, aubergine.