PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Visual representation and render in Layout doesn't match Modeler...

mosconariz
08-15-2017, 12:45 PM
This is a EPS illustrator_imported 2D "mesh" that looks perfect in Modeler but awful in Layout... Why?

ActionBob
08-15-2017, 02:57 PM
Modeler and layout are two distinct programs. One obviously has issues with how it displays Ngons of a certain point order / count.

Not sure how to fix it so it displays correctly. Does it render okay? One might check for non-planar polys in modeler before saving and exporting to layout. That is all I can think of off the top of my head. I am thinking your mesh has some funky polys in there that modeler's shading algorithms are okay with, but are showing up differently in Layout as it is a different animal and displays things differently from Modeler.

I am guessing the poly layout is a mess and modeler is just more forgiving on how it is displaying them.

Just a guess....

-Adrian

gerry_g
08-15-2017, 05:23 PM
put a couple of cuts in the poly or divide it or triangulate it, either its an ngone or its non planer I would suspect, or if its sub check mapping mode

lardbros
08-16-2017, 06:05 AM
Shift t is your friend. Try that, it usually fixes things like this.

08-16-2017, 09:14 AM
Is this a render or ogl?

If ogl, so what? Isn't the render the point? What's the render look like?