PDA

View Full Version : Short Film VFX done with Lightwave

silviotoledo
08-13-2017, 03:22 PM
My son wanted to compete in a contest proposed by a famous youtuber in Brazil. He had an argument. I invited a friend to finish the script and direct the film and he brought his daughter to perform. I also worked as actor ( first time ) as the father. Filmed in 2 days, I only had one day to do all the visual effects and another day to finalize sound and editing. The music was done on a cell phone by another friend. They are not top effects, but functional to tell a fun story. All modeling, texture, animation and rendering ( pizza FX included ) in a single day thanks to lightwave. Hope you lke it. Portuguese voices only but you will understand the story looking at images. I hope.

See the film here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJj0iJUGIgE

vonpietro
08-13-2017, 06:53 PM
Nice work.

Could use some more post processing on the cg elements though. Like Color correction to blend with the plates more, and motion blur when moving.

Simple and effective use of VFX i thought. Nice motion graphics too, decently complex enough =)

MonroePoteet
08-15-2017, 07:26 AM
For a single day's work, that's amazing. Nicely done! I wish you had an English voice over, though.

mTp

JamesCurtis
08-15-2017, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I agree.!! Either a voice-over or subtitle track for the words.

silviotoledo
08-16-2017, 10:25 AM
Thanks guys!

I will do English subtitles on a few months ( lots of work here on my feature film actually )

Basically there was no post on the 3D character, and no motion blur. No shadow projection too ( my fault ) but it was too hurry.

For motion graphics I animated some too basic shapes with morphs ( noise on graph editor animates the morphs automatic ) and instanced it in spherical shape around a null several times. So when I animated the null I got animation for the graphics. Latter I composed with a lot of " google" graphic images. Not too original, but worked...