PDA

View Full Version : Spline Control Jumping Track?

Ryhnio
08-04-2017, 05:20 PM
Hello all! I'm trying to animate a few objects along a path using spline control w/ follower and they keep 'jumping' track at the curves. Any thoughts or tips?

Thank you so!

Ryhnio

MonroePoteet
08-05-2017, 07:41 AM
Without a scene file to disect, it's difficult to say what's going on. The first advice I'd offer is to make sure the nodes comprising the Spline have their rotations all set to "Spline" under the Controllers and Limits tab in the Motion panel. The "flips" that occur in the Spline when changing direction may be confusing Follower.

To do so, get into Scene Editor, expand the Spline parent to show the Nulls / Bones comprising the spline, select them all, right-click Manipulate=>Motion property panel, go to the Controllers and Limits tab and select "Spline Control" for Heading, Pitch and Bank under the Rotation tab.

Otherwise, you might post a simple scene file. Good luck!

mTp

Ryhnio
08-05-2017, 11:06 AM
mTp,

Thanks for the adivce! But still experiencing the same issues.... Attached is an example sceene.

Thanks again!

Ryhnio

Ryhnio
08-06-2017, 02:08 PM
My issues was with parenting, I had all items parented to the first block, when what I needed to do was parent each layer to the previous layer.

Shwoo!

Thanks again mTp and LW community!