PDA

View Full Version : Bug Report Email Address is DELETED.

DrStrik9
08-03-2017, 12:21 PM
I tried to send in a 2015.3 bug report just now, and the email sent to [email protected] got bounced, because that email no longer exists.

"Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to [email protected] because the address couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.
The response was:

550 No such user ([email protected])

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx1.newtek.com. (64.132.12.111, the server for the domain newtek.com.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 No such user ([email protected])
Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 11:10:05 -0700 (PDT)"

Is there a newer Bug Report email address for Lightwave, or a better way to send the Bug Report to Newtek?

I hate to even think this, but is this a clue as to the future of Lightwave? :-(

DrStrik9
08-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Support Chat is also down. Next up: the toll-free phone call ...

And ... more shall be revealed.

Matt
08-03-2017, 12:31 PM
Use the reporting system in your user account.

DrStrik9
08-03-2017, 12:34 PM
"Newtek Support is currently closed." -- That is the friendly recording you hear when you call Newtek's "call-back support number": 800-862-7837.

I also sent an email to [email protected], which also got BOUNCED. (No such email address ...)

Methinks Newtek is DEAD. Long live Newtek. :-(

DrStrik9
08-03-2017, 12:47 PM
Use the reporting system in your user account.

Thanks, Matt. It seems Newtek needs to update ALL the contact info on current websites. I have to be honest, this totally freaked me out this morning when attempting to send in a Bug Report. Everything I tried in contacting Newtek failed, even phone calls! What is happening over there?

Even the message I just sent to "Lightwave Support" got sent to "Customer Support." -- This would be no big deal, except all the other attempts to contact Newtek have been DEAD ENDS. At least I did get an actual automated reply, saying someone would address my query "soon."

--

UPDATE: I just now received an email from Deuce, saying I can send in my bug report to [email protected] I will do this now ...

SBowie
08-03-2017, 12:48 PM
"Newtek Support is currently closed." -- That is the friendly recording you hear when you call Newtek's "call-back support number": 800-862-7837.Yeah, I just checked and support is offline for an hour or an hour and a half due to a mandatory meeting - sorry. Try again later in the afternoon. I don't know what's up re: the lw-support email, but I'll ask.

DrStrik9
08-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Thanks.

It was a bit strange and disconcerting to find that all the currently published Newtek emails I tried this morning had been deleted. But once Matt referred me to making support contact via my user account, I got responses from actual people almost immediately! Whew! It really did scare me. Along with many others, I've been watching the general economy in the US getting closer and closer to the edge (1500+ retailers closing this year, etc.), and I had that sudden fear that Newtek was going away without the smallest whimper. *poof*

I know how difficult it is to stay in business these days, and so I fully understand the importance of cutting expenses such as all those emails, support chat, consolidating domains, etc. -- this is all understandable to me.

I do think it is important to update all the old discontinued email addresses and other forms of support which may not currently be operational but are currently listed on websites, and for Lightwave at least, to inform existing users how to send in bug reports, get support, etc. -- forum searches really didn't help today -- so much has changed from the last time I tried to do any of this. Today, at least, my contacts for LW bugs is updated, and I will remember to use my user account.

gar26lw
08-03-2017, 07:49 PM
this is a genuine question; is there any point? no bug fixes in years.