PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone get Relativity to work in 2015.3?

DrStrik9
08-02-2017, 01:07 PM
I hope this isn't a redundant post. A search didn't yield much ...

I've used Relativity for YEARS, but in 2015.3, nothing I type in registers in the fields, making Relativity useless.

Is this a known issue?

Is there any kind of workaround for this?

Thanks for any guidance.

Ztreem
08-02-2017, 03:46 PM
Do you really need relativity now a days when we have nodes? What do you try to do?

DrStrik9
08-02-2017, 06:06 PM
Old habits. Relativity is awesome if you know how to use it. Unfortunately, it's BROKEN in 2015.3.

Snosrap
08-02-2017, 07:30 PM
Do you really need relativity now a days when we have nodes?

It still should work. :)

jwiede
08-02-2017, 07:56 PM
I hope this isn't a redundant post. A search didn't yield much ...

I've used Relativity for YEARS, but in 2015.3, nothing I type in registers in the fields, making Relativity useless.

I'm having all sorts of problems on Mac64 LW2015.3 getting Relativity fields to consistently accept text (alphanumeric) input as well, so definitely broken. Often alpha input is ignored or processed incorrectly (as shortcuts, etc) despite visible cursor present in field. Instead of feeding to the text input field, alpha entries appear fed to the normal input shortcut system (aka pressing 's' causes save, even when cursor is visible in field), though numeric entries seem to be fed to the input field as expected.

End result: In LW2015.3 (possibly earlier as well), Relativity seems quite broken. Issue blocks major portion of Relativity functionality, is obvious / easy to reproduce, and at least on Mac seems widely reproducible.

DrStrik9
08-02-2017, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the confirmation.

It's probably something "simple" to fix, since it seems to be just an input issue (or so my non-programming mind thinks.) -- I do sincerely hope that it WILL be fixed in LW Next, should it ever arrive ...

Ztreem
08-03-2017, 02:58 AM
It still should work. :)

Of course. I just thought that if we know what to achieve we could suggest an alternative solution.

DrStrik9
Thanks for the confirmation.

It's probably something "simple" to fix, since it seems to be just an input issue (or so my non-programming mind thinks.) -- I do sincerely hope that it WILL be fixed in LW Next, should it ever arrive ...

Send a bug report otherwise it will never get fixed.

DrStrik9
08-03-2017, 10:37 AM
Good thought. I will gladly send in a bug report, if I can just remember HOW to do it. Please refresh my memory. -- Thanks.

DrStrik9
08-03-2017, 11:13 AM
Nevermind. I figured it out. Sending a bug report on Relativity in LW 2015.3 ...

DrStrik9
08-03-2017, 11:50 AM
In the process of writing my Bug Report, I did find a pretty simple workaround. All I'm trying to do is enter a Rel formula in Graph Editor : Modifier : Rel_Channeler. You can't type text in, BUT ... you CAN enter the text in a Text Editor and PASTE that text into the Rel Channeler input area. I have no idea why this would be, but at least I can now get there from here. :+)

I hope that helps someone else as well.