PDA

View Full Version : LW 11.6.3 Motion Options - Cruise Control Not holding settings???

tcoursey
07-31-2017, 07:30 AM
I'm using 11.6.3 and am trying to use under Motion Options the Cruise Control plugin. I set it up with the speed I want it works inside LW, I save the scene and reload and it does not keep the setting. I'm now not able to render these scenes over the network as the scenes are not loading up with the correct speed on these objects.

I'm animating CARS and have Realativity on the wheels. Any thoughts?

tcoursey
07-31-2017, 07:43 AM
So I've looked at the scene file and the LS file. I'm not a programmer but I do write some web and javascript so I can get around a bit. It doesn't appear to be saving anything to the scene file for the adjusted SPEED. It's pulling in the default speed from the LS file. I can hard code that I bet but that doesn't allow any different speeds on any of the objects I have it put on.

Anyone ever use this with success?

ernpchan
07-31-2017, 08:20 AM
You could bake out the motion or the deformation to a mdd file. That would get you around the plugin not saving in the file.

tcoursey
07-31-2017, 08:23 AM
You could bake out the motion or the deformation to a mdd file. That would get you around the plugin not saving in the file.

Yea that's basically my workaround for now. The plugin requires a second keyframe for VECTOR. So I just adjusted this keyframe to move the appropriate distance to match the plugins SPEED, remove the plugin and then set the keyframe to OFFSET REPEAT. I can now change the second keyframe a bit to adjust the speed for the entire scene.

It's actually not bad at all, just frustrated my weekend renders didn't come out because of a silly plugin not working as it should. Unless it's just for visual reference! lol.

gerry_g
07-31-2017, 08:32 AM
well it saves in 2015.3 Mac v, but doesn't it have to be baked for network rendering anyway, also this plugin is very limited as it only works on straight lines

tcoursey
07-31-2017, 08:41 AM
True about it only doing straight lines. Do you have another suggestion on more complex methods? I was not aware this plugin needed to be baked, that would make sense...but since it works live in Layout I think the issue is it not keeping the setting I punch into the speed modifier. *shrug*

I've found a work around for now...would entertain any thoughts you have for doing more complex movements with moving cars though. Thanks for any thoughts!