PDA

View Full Version : move Transform handle possible ?

madno
07-30-2017, 10:39 PM
Hi,

is it possible to move the Transform handle?
E.g. if I right click on a reference line the handle appears at the middle of that line. But I need to manipulate points which are at a distance to that line. Because it is a fine detail manipulation I need to zoom in to the points. As a result the handle is zoomed away. I can't see it anymore. It would be great to move the handle to area where I want to do the manipulation.

djwaterman
07-30-2017, 11:53 PM
Right Mouse Button click over the Transform tool on one of the arrow ends and you find you can drag the whole transform tool in that direction and re-position it anywhere you need.

madno
07-31-2017, 10:56 PM
Yea that works. Thanks.

Danner
08-01-2017, 01:19 AM
Excellent tip. How could I have missed that? I was doing all kinds of dumb workarounds like making temporary geometry.

djwaterman
08-01-2017, 06:02 AM
Also, just in case you haven't investigated, use the numeric panel with the transform tool and it will give you some different selection choices when making the primary target selection for the tool.

madno
08-01-2017, 12:35 PM
While we are at it.
Is there a way to keep the transform tool active and select another point, edge polygon to manipulate it? So far I drop the tool (Enter) deselect the whatever was selected (double click somewhere - which sometimes does not work because it seems to be very sensitive to how fast or slow one double clicks and if it does not deselect I click the tiny headers of the viewport), then select the next whatever I want to manipulate - then acitvate the tool again and so on and so on. And I always hate to do that because it is so slow and requires so many clicks. Maybe I missed another short cut?

madno
08-01-2017, 12:52 PM
And one more: