Just a noodge, Feature Request:

LW has 2 sphere types.

C4D has 5:

standard (globe)
tetrahedron
hexahedron
octohedron
icosahedron (tessellation sphere)

These would be nice options to plagiarize.

Lewis
07-30-2017, 04:06 AM
My LWM has more than two.

jeric_synergy
07-30-2017, 10:41 AM
LOL... I think it's a bit different, because in C4D although they are using the same terminology, but there is also a "Levels" (? #afc4d) parameter that subdivides the sphere further, IIRC. I'll have to check when I get back to it.

But: touché. :)

Lewis
07-30-2017, 11:04 AM
Heck in LWM you can even do parametric primitives if you know math/formula :).

jeric_synergy
07-30-2017, 11:33 AM
Heck in LWM you can even do parametric primitives if you know math/formula :).
yeahhhh, that's never gonna happen. ;)

Anyway: here's some samples, at different Segment levels. The Object names reflect the level applied. These are still parametric. This would of course have ramifications once the Subdivision Surface modifier was applied. Anyway, seemed like a Low Hanging Fruit kind of Feature Request, and possibly good for modelers.

wingzeta
07-30-2017, 08:00 PM
yeahhhh, that's never gonna happen. ;)

Anyway: here's some samples, at different Segment levels. The Object names reflect the level applied. These are still parametric. This would of course have ramifications once the Subdivision Surface modifier was applied. Anyway, seemed like a Low Hanging Fruit kind of Feature Request, and possibly good for modelers.

The quad sphere should definitely be a standard primitive. It is very easy to make in LW, by making a cube and hitting the sphereize function, but now that function is hidden in the legacy plugins, which need to be unzipped, and installed, so they should add it to the standard primitive list. Otherwise it is tough for users to find the first time.

jeric_synergy
07-30-2017, 08:01 PM
Agreed, for sure QuadSphere should be standard. It's so low a fruit it's sitting on the ground.