PDA

View Full Version : Error when loading model

Philbert
07-29-2017, 11:48 PM
I have this character model that I mess with occasionally every couple of years. Today I was tweaking the fiber strands and saved it. Now it won't load in Modeler or Layout. I get an error "Lwo load failed. Partial Lwo loaded." and then "No visible layers were found.". In Modeler it loads all the layers I had but they're empty, no polys or anything. Luckily this was a copy of the original so not all is lost. Anyone have ideas? Here's the file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fudz3vsecr5derz/Rachel_blue_hair_v001.zip?dl=0

stiff paper
07-30-2017, 03:00 AM
Try doing a Load From Scene into an empty scene.

prometheus
07-30-2017, 09:31 AM
It loads in blender perfectly fine, tried saving out to fbx and it worked partially, the strands however only turned up as points, but in blender they are full strands.
Edited..tried export obj from blender, and load to modeler, it seems to work fine, the strands are all there.

prometheus
07-30-2017, 09:38 AM
hereīs the fix..though scaling I am not sure if itīs correct.

prometheus
07-30-2017, 09:48 AM
I can not get these strands to work with fiberfx though, crashes all the time, tried copied edges only and merging points, when exporting created strands from blender you can do it that way and usually that works, not sure though if 2015 is particulary proned to crash under such circumstances, but with 11.6.3 that used to work, I also simply ran strandmaker on the strands and deleted the original strands, but it crashes anyway.

prometheus
07-30-2017, 11:59 AM
I am back on checking styling blender hair, a bit of topic here, but since those strands seems to be messed up in point order, a suggestion would be to simply bypass creating guides in lightwave and simply create them in blender or do new ones in lightwave.
you can convert blender hair quite easy from the modify tab in blender and click on the convert button, save out to obj, once in lightwave you should however not use those strand polys, it will crash, In Lightwave---you just need to select them in edge mode and copy and paste to another layer, then delete the original strands, then it should be ok for fiberfx.

Philbert
07-30-2017, 03:03 PM
Thank for all the effort. I had the hair working in an earlier scene but I wanted to try making it shorter so I just deleted the end points, maybe that has something to do with it.