PDA

View Full Version : gird appears on final render

cvandonk
12-19-2003, 01:10 PM
Hello,

I'm brand new to this, and I'm sure it's something I'm overlooking, but I can't get this grid ghost off my final renders.

Up until final render nothing is out of the ordinary!

What am I doing wrong?

Chris

(The clouds are a quick add in photoshop, so no grid there!)

Jooa
12-19-2003, 01:31 PM
You are using demo version of Lightwave 3D that is why the grid appears. Right?

thekho
12-19-2003, 01:59 PM
No, you done no wrong. I think you using a Lightwave, right?
cos Lightwave demo has allow you to save any object for only 200 points and Layout will allow you to render with a checkboard watermark over the image.

cvandonk
12-22-2003, 05:04 AM
Hello all,

Nope. I've got a completely up-and-up version of the program. Any other ideas?

Mylenium
12-22-2003, 05:16 AM
If it's a full version, it's not working properly. Try to re-install everything. Especially the sentinel drivers are critical. You may need to download the latest version from their website. Also check if your license.key file is in the LW\Programs folders and contains the proper code.

Mylenium

mattclary
12-22-2003, 05:53 AM
When you launch LightWave, do you get any messages about the Hardware Lock not being found or something? When did the problem start? What changed around that time? Who did you purchase LightWave from?

cvandonk
12-23-2003, 06:50 AM
Hello all,

The direction of your replies led me to look into how the dongle was attached to my computer and, because of some changes I made, I realized that it wasn't attached properly. Once I had reseeded it, all was well!

I know it is a very simply problem, but I am very happy to have it resolved. Thanks for all your ideas and suggestions

Chris

mattclary
12-23-2003, 07:32 AM
So, that whole warning message stating that LightWave was running in demo mode because it couldn't find the hardware lock wasn't a clue? Something smells kinda fishy to me. ;)