PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any advice to achieve particles filling lungs?

lertola2
07-26-2017, 08:57 AM
I have to create an animation that includes the effect of particles breathing down a trachea into two lungs as a character breathes in. The particles need to spread out and slow to a stop as they fill the lungs. Ideally the particles should follow the branching bronchial tubes. I am just starting to think about this and no easy way is occurring to me. I would be open to doing this in After Effects if it can't be easily done in Lightwave. How would you approach the problem?

prometheus
07-26-2017, 09:55 AM
Times like this One would like to have the possibility of making particles flow along polyline structures, would be so easy to create the brances with line pen tool, there is one approach of doing that and add an emitter to that polyline branch and then use a collision object set to even to trigger particle birth, but that wonīt do since you would like the particles to move in these directions, not being born by that pattern.

Probably use a dynamic wind, set to animation path, and you will get the request of making path items (nulls) move the handles clone it and move, clone it and move, to set up your path according to the branching, you would need several paths, and several emitters I think..
Just tested..probably the wind animation path, add the particles directly to the wind emitter, after setting up the path that is, and when that is done, simply clone hiearchy and adjust that branch to the first branh joint connection and play the timeline to see when the first branch of particles reaches that joint, the go to that second branch and use a fixed start frame that matches that of those particles arriving at that joint, a bit of a setup, but threīs maybe 7 of them, so it may be acceptable, so do that for one side then clone and rotate the branches to fit the other sides of the luounge.

otherwise maybe instancing on a polyline/cuve path instead of particles.

maybe bryphi77 has some better ways with dp kit, Iīm sure he has, then again it should be fast to set up.

prometheus
07-26-2017, 10:27 AM
instancing would be tricky I think, since it would need to spread out in the end.
And for my suggested setup, you probably would need to group each wind branch, as 1, 2, 3 and also set the particles to corresponding wind group, so each branch only affects itīs own dedicated particles, and not the other branches.

For the actual end spread, you would probably need a wind emitter for each branch emitter correspoind to the same group as it branch end, and use maybe random wind force, donīt be shy with the wind power here if you want the effect to kick in, then when you got that end wind random spread emitter ok, just clone it and move it to the other branch ends, but regroup them to fit those branch ends group.

prometheus
07-26-2017, 10:38 AM
And for better organizing, name the branch ends properly branch end 1 etc, then name the random wind end something like branch end wind spread etc, then parent that to the branch endm so when you move and adjust that branch end, the spread wind will follow along.

mummyman
07-26-2017, 12:20 PM
I haven't had to do something exactly like this...but can you make the bronchial tree emit, but with a timed event to have them disperse after the even moves down and away, almost like a masking effect? Or an event trigger?

prometheus
07-26-2017, 02:58 PM
I haven't had to do something exactly like this...but can you make the bronchial tree emit, but with a timed event to have them disperse after the even moves down and away, almost like a masking effect? Or an event trigger?

I mentioned something like that, but it wonīt be a proper particle flow, only birth emission.

hereīs a simple wind anim path setup, only two branches, and the second branch is starting by a certain frame, further added random wind at the end of the branches, just a crude setup, one can copy and paste hiearchy and then adjust the paths to fit a backgroun image of the lounges and how they flow.

setup is made according to how I described it earlier.