PDA

View Full Version : Help doing crystals, please

AngelDream
12-19-2003, 12:56 PM
Hello everybody, can you help me please?? I wanna' create some cristals in Lightwave like the ones I created for this card
http://hal.famaf.unc.edu.ar/~re3/images/tarjeta1.jpg
I created these using old 3ds Max, but now I wanna' create 'em with my loved LW but just can't get the feeling. Please, any help or comment will be very appreciated. I'm asking this 'cause my dad wants me to render something like those crystals, that was a card for a pharmacy, and he's absolutely stubborn about it, and I don't know how to do it right. I've used Point-Clone+ and I got something but not so pretty as those in the card. Please, I'll very appreciate any help, since my deadline(and dying day if I don't make it) is monday morning. Thank you very much in advance.

~DD~Apocalypse
12-19-2003, 03:05 PM
easy, take a box, subdivide once under facated then tweak it. Then under surface ditor give it some transparency and a bumbpy kinda texture, and reflection

CMP 2003
12-20-2003, 08:26 PM
you can also use the gemstone tool, and play around with the numeric settings

AngelDream
12-20-2003, 09:41 PM
Thanks both of you. I've find my way using point clone+, fractalize and jitter. for example, exploding an sphere or creating a cloud of triangles. Thanks again.