PDA

View Full Version : aura and edit screen disapeirs (still)

videoconcepts
12-19-2003, 12:41 PM
I thought it was fixed when i up graded direct x it was working for 3-4 days and i started a new project loaded in an hour and 44 min of dv video. auras open on one monitor and the editor with timeline and storyboard on the other with a file bine under it . i have a full audio mixer and the smallest switcher open.
if i click on the aura screen anywhere and then click on the editor both the editor and the aura screen go bye bye. but it doesnt do it in reverse. or if iclick on aura and then the filebin nothing happends only clicking on aura first then the editor?
it will only come back if i click the aura or editor screen and if i bring the mouse up to the menu bar

I have 64mb 2 monitor card and a gig of ram.

videoconcepts
12-19-2003, 12:51 PM
theres more if i clike on aura and run the mouse over the top of the bar on the top of the screen and then click on the editor then its ok....

bradl
12-19-2003, 11:16 PM
search for another recent thread that covers this topic in detail...

videoconcepts
12-20-2003, 10:54 AM
i tryed looking for another thread but did not find anything that had an answere.

Scott Bates
12-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Brad might mean This One (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14383&highlight=aura+windows+requester) .

The short story here is if I use the Windows file requester in AuraVT then the (Aura) interface disappears until I click anywhere on the blank screen. The Aura file requester does not cause it and I have had no problems with the VT-Edit interface going flaky or goodby.

videoconcepts
12-20-2003, 05:24 PM
thanks.. his problem seems alittle diffrent. my aura seems ok until i go to the edit screen..
now the weird thing is i booted up my computer at 6:00pm after using it this morning11:00am and its working just fine?

could this be a memory thing.?

Scott Bates
12-20-2003, 06:58 PM
Might be memory, but I'm no expert on anything much deeper than shutting down the system and pulling the plugs for a bit (which, FWIW, seems to fix a wide variety of unexplained glitches for me when they randomly occur). I've only got 1 gig of ram on my system.

As I said earlier, the only disappearing acts I've seen is AuraVT[3] in the current patch(es) if I use the Windows file requester. I've spent at least six hours over the last thirty-six constantly bouncing between VT-Edit, Aura and CG and didn't have a single problem that I couldn't attribute to personal brain-drain and fatigue.

Do you run Edit and Aura on the same screen or different ones? I learned in the early days of VT to use separate screens (the upper left buttons) for each of the major VT[x] apps or I could have problems. A couple of responses to the disappearing Aura interface threads have been to use Aura in 'stand-alone' form from the Start > Programs > VT menu, they say it's not a problem there. Actually, I've only seen about three of us reporting the Aura problem, and you're the only one I can recall who has reported the problem with Edit. I hope Santa leaves 'The Fix' under your tree, whatever it is.

videoconcepts
12-23-2003, 03:30 PM
I noticed today that this problem happends with diffrent projects.

it worked fine for one started a new one and the screens would go bye bye.
i opend a new edit screen and it didnt do it. so i just had to copy what i had done on the other screen and paste it in the new one. fine and dandy till the next new project?

djlithium
12-23-2003, 04:22 PM
Hmmm.
I am wondering if this is somehow related to the issues I had in the previous build where the ProcAmp would not come up?

A reload of the software fixed the problem. It was like a script somehow was corrupted. I believed that happend when I was on set and the power was cut to my system by a moron tech assigned to my unit that day who didn't realize that sure, we are on a UPS, but unplugging a unit from the UPS is still going to kill the power. :P

tmon
02-14-2006, 05:59 PM
I guess 4.6c did not fix this (not on our W2K Supermicro workstations-nvidia video cards). The screen still goes blank when doing file operations (load, save).

An extra click brings windows back to visibility, so it's not a huge deal, just irritating.

BTW, as in previous builds like mentioned above, this only happens when you are using the Windows File requester mode...the Aura VT requester mode still works fine. I just thought the Windows requester mode might have been fixed by now.

JReble
02-15-2006, 06:57 AM
Same here on all four of our systems. I don't think this is related to the host computer's config. Annoying, and presumably a simple fix, but so far nada.

John Perkins
02-15-2006, 08:07 AM
Has anyone submitted a bug on this recently? I haven't seen one... (hint, hint)

Don't forget that I'm full-time on bug reports now, so help me keep my job. I like it here. :D

Randall Chesbro
02-15-2006, 10:16 AM
I have two machines and both are identical and one works ok but doesnt remember the size of the screen. the other if aura is open and i click in the edit screen the aura screen vanishes. I did find that if after i click the capture button in aura and then roll the mouse up to the top of the screen and then down and click on the edit screen it wont disapier. AND I CAN NEVER LOAD aura and have it open up full screen. Make any sense?

tmon
02-15-2006, 01:02 PM
John,

Welcome aboard. I had jeremy's address for bug reports previously. So now we should send the morsels of info to you?

John Perkins
02-15-2006, 01:18 PM
That would be me. Jeremy is doing more hardware integration related things now. We just sort of specialized things a bit so that we can focus.

Just email a good description of the problem, (hopefully) minimal steps to reproduce it, and the build number you are currently having problems in to [email protected]

tmon
02-15-2006, 02:08 PM
the bug report has been submitted.