PDA

View Full Version : Open GL Performance in Win 2015

jimiclaybrooks
07-21-2017, 01:54 PM
I saw a video online some time ago about the open gl inhancements that were in the newer version of Lightwave. In the video, "Lightwave 3D - Huge Increase in OpenGL Performance Tip", the scene shows someone moving around a scene with millions of polygons in it, effortlessly. Since I have a newer version of Win 10, I don't have the "3D App - Visual Simulation" setting found in the Nvidia contol panel that they mention. At present my open gl performance really sucks!! With all of this new machine, I get bogged down by 165k of polys, and that's not subpatched!!!! There has to be a way to improve lightwave's performance. I have an Intel i7-7700k CPU @ 4.2GH and a Gforce GTX 1080 graphics card, and 32 Gigs of Ram. Has anyone else had this issue with their open gl, and what did u do about it? thanks

jimiclaybrooks
07-21-2017, 03:14 PM
I did a search and found the original thread concerning this issue, only to find, its about the quadro card, which might very well exclude me from having any options about this feature. Now Im really sick, cause I didn't get a quadro card, knowing that it works best with Lwave. Of course, money was an option, but still... its too late now. The thread says, it might be possible to fool the card by changing the drivers, but I'm too chicken to try that just yet, since I don't know what it might do. What can it hurt? Anyone know if this is possible? thanks again. PS. I forgot to mention, I also have an issue with modeler in that, the points or polygons seem to stick when I try and move them. There's a delay between the wacom pen and the actual geometry moving, so I get this over reaction if you know what I mean. My 9.6 install was like butter, but this is like fly paper, and its very frustrating. I called wacom and they seem to think the drivers are ok for this particular system. So there it is. :(