PDA

View Full Version : NDI for Panasonic PTZ cameras

fgolman
07-19-2017, 07:13 PM
I'd like to put in a request that the upcoming firmware available for Panasonic PTZ cameras also include the AE-HE50.

I realized that the firmware update for NDI was for other cameras in their line ... turns out that we purchased ours too early in their product lifecycle, I guess, to be considered.

However, I know that there are *a lot* of these cameras out there since they were their first "integrated" foray into PTZ.

Once again, please consider adding that model to the firmware update if at all possible.

Thank you!

Fritz Golman
Museum of Broadcast Communications

kanep
07-23-2017, 12:12 PM
Does that model have IP streaming ability currently? I don't think it does, so I doubt it could be added in that case.

fgolman
07-23-2017, 09:22 PM
I thought that the cameras have RTSP windows when you use their built-in web page for PTZ management (which is really difficult to use, BTW).

But, maybe not. I haven't looked at their IP addresses directly for a couple of years.

I'll check it out and report back.

Thanks,

Fritz

kanep
07-23-2017, 09:47 PM
I'm not saying that even if they do, that it means they will be supported. But if they don't have the hardware, then it pretty much answers it.

SBowie
07-24-2017, 07:04 AM
Just to mention it, this isn't entirely up to us. Even when a camera technically qualifies as one that can supply NDI|HX, the individual manufacturer determines whether they wish to offer it in an NDI model or not.