PDA

View Full Version : Sliders handling expressions??

Zafar Iqbal
12-19-2003, 12:13 PM
Hi,

I'm working on a lighting rig, where i want to adjust the whole thing with few sliders, who then controls several properties of several items at the same time.

Simple example of how i want a typical slider to work:

When slider is at 0:
Light A at maximum intensity
Light B at minimum intensity

When slider is at 1:
Light A at minimum intensity
Light B at maximum intensity

Im only using 2 lightsources on this example, but ultimatly i would love to control XX lightsources.

Is this possible?

Zafar Iqbal
12-19-2003, 12:42 PM
No need to panic! I found this:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13160&highlight=slider+expression

Let's see if this does the trick...

Zafar Iqbal
12-20-2003, 03:34 PM
I'm having another problem - it doesn't seem like LW allows me to assign more than one expression on each channel.

Ie. i cant do this:

Slider A alters light intensity on light 1-5 - all lightsources are changed relatively.

Slider B increases intensity of key/sun light, while lowering the value for the rest.

The setup for these sliders are controlled by expressions, but only one slider works, unless i use alternative channels for the light (wich im doing right now (using falloff range as intensity channel, but this is a crappy way of doing it, and besides the light changes dont show up in OpenGL)), but i can't continue like this, since i need to control same channels with multiple sliders.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?