PDA

View Full Version : Django Confused

prometheus
07-13-2017, 04:29 PM
Well..had a chance to look again at Django Unchained by quintin tarantino, and I happened to recognise the character amerigo vessepi, as someone Iīve seen in the old western movies and the old Django, now..
I have always believed that was Terence Hill, so when I tried to look for Terence in the imd database in Django unchained, I couldnīt believe it was a complete different actor, then I had to track it back and found out
that the actual actor for the original Django was Franco Nero...duh, and I canīt believe the likeness, no wonder I was confused to as I didnīt quite here that much talk about Terence Hill and Django..neither then or now.
It makes a bit sense to why Django was a bit more serious without the elemet of parody.

Anyway..Django then and now..great movies, and I loved the more funny trinity series as well...though I reckon the whistling soundtrack that became famous..actually was made for the trinity series, and by the way..I love to whistle that tune too:)

wingzeta
07-14-2017, 12:41 AM
I thought Terence Hill did play Django in one of the sequels, and then Nero came back for a later sequel. Found it. May not be an official sequel. That was a popular thing to do in Italy at the time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062151/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_41

Now I want to watch the Trinity movies again. Classic stuff.

As far as the Tanrantino Django, I'd prefer to see him do something new, than yet another exploitation tribute remix, but it had a few good bits.

prometheus
07-14-2017, 01:29 AM
I thought Terence Hill did play Django in one of the sequels, and then Nero came back for a later sequel. Found it. May not be an official sequel. That was a popular thing to do in Italy at the time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062151/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_41

Now I want to watch the Trinity movies again. Classic stuff.

As far as the Tanrantino Django, I'd prefer to see him do something new, than yet another exploitation tribute remix, but it had a few good bits.

Nice dig up, I too want to sit and see the whole series in a row again some rainy day in autumn.

different stuff the old ones and the new ones, I loved both Cristopher Walz and Leonardo di Caprio for their acting in that movie.

djwaterman
07-14-2017, 08:04 AM
I recently went on a western kick, all those spaghetti westerns and especially Once Upon a Time in the West, which is unbelievable.