PDA

View Full Version : Mini vid demo of VPR feedback and image compositing with foreground and alpha image

prometheus
07-09-2017, 06:09 PM
Hi folks, since I just recently got me a new computer and a mic, itīs surely is about time to do recordings with voice over, so here it is, my first ever voice over vid,:beta:
so have patience with my initial uhhs and ehhs, which I personally hate in a
vid :D
And I will try to get rid of the Swedish chief accent as well within some time, and I do not speak english daily unfortunately and havenīt spoken english for quite a while, so there is room for improvements.

Probably more to come since my vacation is simply raining away all summer, so better to sit here in front of the computer I guess.

My system Asus RogG20 nvidia gtx 180 32 gb ram i7 6700 3.4 Ghz

VPR and compositing feedback when using backdrop and alpha images.
spacehip model by Tan. J found on foundation3d.com

I do not think VPR feedback on the compositing like this was possible in lw 11.3..not sure though.

I missed mentioning the raycast shadows, you have to check use node and apply the shadowcaster material in the node editor, that was applied on a simple large ground plane, and if you use fog..make sure you enter the properties of the ground plane and turn off or reduce the amount of fog.
dome light with low angle value for soft shadow casting.

Thanks to rustythe1 for guiding to nvidias own card recording device.

Hereīs the vid...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr9kRZcPVks

inkpen3d
07-10-2017, 04:46 AM
A good video with some useful tips and your voice over is very clear and understandable. Please don't get rid of your exotic Swedish accent.

prometheus
07-10-2017, 11:55 AM
A good video with some useful tips and your voice over is very clear and understandable. Please don't get rid of your exotic Swedish accent.

Thanks, itīs understandable anyway, and that exotic swedish accent ... well yeah, that is one one to put it :)
I could probably turn on a more american style of speaking, but at the cost of being more unclear and speaking too fast..so will see, the uhhs and the ehhs, is just a result of my first recordings and not being quite prepared for what I would like to say, just wanted to get it up fast (oops..the vid I mean)...must work on getting rid of those uhhs though.

goakes
07-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Very nice, keep it up.