PDA

View Full Version : Old Newbie - Or New Oldbie???

kabod
12-19-2003, 09:58 AM
Since I'm getting older by the minute... (53 in 3 weeks!) I'll cut to the chase...

Many years ago I had done some Lightwave work (version 3.5) for some National Ministries and had gotten fairly proficent at it but, over the years, moved more into Producing and Directing for a local church in my area.

I now want to animate a New Opening for our show. I have the Full Version of 7.5 on my VT3 and have just installed 6.5 on my home computer. There is tons of good info on this site as well as great tutorials to help me fumble my way through...

My Big question is...Will I run into difficulties saving all my stuff at work and then taking it home to work there? Is there problems jumping back and forth between 7.5 and 6.5. I will be using HyperVoxels and Particle FX for some portions...any help will be greatly appreciated!

Blessings-

hunter
12-19-2003, 10:28 AM
The problems you might encounter are with the plugins that you use in 7.5. They may not work in 6.5. I believe the lscript was changed. Good luck and God bless.

kabod
12-20-2003, 08:24 AM
Thanks Hunter-

Next question...can I copy Plug-ins from 7.5 to 6.5 or am I asking for trouble by doing that???